New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Help a newbie choose his first car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Cool Help a newbie choose his first car!

Hi guys! I'm Blake, and a Freshman at University. I am about to make a purchase of one of two used Mercedes-Benz. I don't know much about European cars, and I would like your guys' opinion on which one to purchase.

I'll start with the one I'm leaning towards....

I haven't went to inspect it personally yet, but I REALLY REALLY like the headlight configuration. Everything is in working order. The guy says it's a gasoline 1980 year 280. I'm not sure if he's right, as this headlight configuration is more like a 70s Mercedes. I really like this one because of the unique look. The guy is asking 2,000.

And this is my other option. It's 1983 300SD Turbo Diesel. I think this is also a fine-looking car and I prefer it's color to the origional. The main thing that interests me here is the fact that it's a diesel. This means I could use BIODiesel and I assume my gas mileage would be way better than the first choice. He is also asking 1,500. 137k origional miles.

What do you guys think?