New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hello, very new to Mercedes, introduction and Q!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Default Hello, very new to Mercedes, introduction and Q!!

Hi! So first off, I've owned basically every brand of car you could think of as my time as a Chrysler and Nissan technician and engineer. Never owned a Mercedes although I've had experiences(albeit bad) experiences with Audi/VW and BMW.

I had my first daughter last year and I did the awful thing of naming her, Mercedes(har har Bens Mercedes, did ya see what i did thar?? ) and decided why not try a Benz out...

I first bought a 1989 Mercedes 300CE.. 2 door white with red interior.. in absolute immaculate condition no rust anywhere, no interior rips, for $2500.

I really enjoyed this car and thought about getting a 4 door Mercedes so thats what brings me here! Before I drop $4000 cash to a dealer I wanted peoples opinions on the 95 Mercedes C280.. here is the link to the car I found and want...

https://www.brainerd.net/~oldmiller/inventory.html

141k miles, just looks beautiful. Anyways, I'm gonna browse the forums and look at all the posts on these cars and the mechanical tips! I can do the work myself, the thing is from what I've been hearing is that with the C280 I may be doing more work on it than driving... =0 which is something I don't really want to deal with. If anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it! And I'll be glad to help here with anyones mechanical needs and questions as well!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:40 AM

Oh, also... the dealer says its a C280 and obviously I have no reason to doubt them, but when I did a carfax and also I did that VIN decoder I found on this site they both came up with C36 AMG. Is it trying to just trick me?