New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Greetings from new member in Santa Cruz

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Default Greetings from new member in Santa Cruz

Hello, everyone, nice to be a member here. I've not had a chance to browse the forum much so far, but I'll hold my car's current problems for another post (do you get the impression that people join this site onlyif they have car trouble?)

I have a MB Silver '02 CLK55 Cab. which I've owned for 9 months so far. Why did I get it? I turned the big 5-0 last summer

I thoroughly enjoy the car. Never owned a car with that much muscle so I doubt I'll ever see its full potential...I'm too old to be so daring. Besides, my daily commuter is a '94 Camry; needless to say I chicken out when my AMG hits 100 mph in a few short secondswhen pulling onto the expressway. That's a good way to catch up real fast and real close to the poorguy in front of you. Besides, my luck would be to trash the motor if I were to ever floor it all the way! I'd probably croak if I had a $10,000 repair bill!! The guys at work, who know me, probably shake their heads that such a car as that AMG is wasted on someone so conservative! Hey, I may not like 'fast' so much, but the car isdefinitely fun on the mountain roads all around here. (For some reason my wife won't ride with me there)

I intend to work on the car myself, not that I'm very good. My wife has learned to at least triple my time estimates for doing work on our cars. But I enjoy it anyway, and I can't say enough about all the tools I've bought and 'paid for'by doing the work myself. I think she's a little tired of hearing that line, too.

Sorry for the rambling -- half of it isn't serious! -Glenn

Old 05-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Greetings from new member in Santa Cruz

Welcome to the Forum!