New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Can someone with access run a VIN number for me please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 03:22 AM
Default Can someone with access run a VIN number for me please.

Sorry to bother you but being new here I need somehelp in checking a car a dealer here in Singapore says is being shipped down from HongKong China. I just wanted to check the options the car has installed from the facotry as opposed to what the dealer is telling me it has. The car will not be in to Singapore until another 2 weeks and I wanted to get some prelimenary information about it, the VIN is WDB2110542A863094 Any help in this would be appreciated.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Default RE: Can someone with access run a VIN number for me please.

Hi My Singapore Friend
You can try to run a check by trying to run the VIN number in ths web site: www.carfax.com to see the history of this car. I really don't know exactly what othey way to check. If cars import directly from Germany which will be the most accurate than from china or Hong Kong. I don't trust tese sites much. You may pay cheaper price but again you get what you paid for. I suggest before you accept or sign to get the car, do a detailed reviews on papers and manually check directly on car both under hood and inside the cabine. I think that is only way to compare the difference. If the car were import from Germany, you can directly call them and ask and you will get all detailed info but if from China or Hong Kong, you have to contact their office in China or Hong Kong. Check their websites for more supporting. I hope this will help. Good luck and enjoy your new car.

Regards,
jodao2005

Old 09-24-2006, 08:37 AM

Carfax does not work for me as this is a car that was manufacturered in Germany and sold to a Mercedes dealer in HongKong, the Singapore dealer is bying it from the HK dealer since his new shipment is dealyed from Germany and I am thinking about buyit from him if I can get some accurate info on the car.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Use this vin decoder http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Before u try it what year is the car if it is a late 2005 or newer it will not be there yet.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM

MBZ300, Yes it should be early 2006 as it was manufacturered in Germany and shipped to the Mercedes dealer in HongKong and the Singapore car dealer is buying it from him.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:32 PM

That is a wonderful tool...thanks for that! My goodness, it was very informative. You may think you've only helped one benz motorist, but now you know it's not true, because you've helped another. Good deal, and good job Mbz300sdl!