New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

C320 going crazy here, different problem every 5 min

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Default C320 going crazy here, different problem every 5 min

Hey guys, New member here from Pineville ky. I recently bought a 2001 Mercedes C320 with 120.000 miles, great overall condition. Car ran great the day I bought it, slight hesitation but nothing major. Next day my wife goes to drive the car and it's acting up. I take the car out to see what is wrong and it just won't go anywhere barely press the gas and it'll go for a split second then acts like the brake assist is locking up the back wheels and it comes to stop or just won't take fuel at all I can shut the car off start the car back put it in gear and it'll take gas and will go just won't change out of first gear. Radio stopped working for 4 days and just started working again today. Only consistent info on the display reads break assist not available, SRS visit workshop, ESP Not available. Black tape was covering the SRS light on the dash and the ABS light on the dash when I bought it so the problem existed before I bought it and still the guy was able to drive the car. I found two little wires on the plug by the OBD reader port chewed in half by mice I repaired those. I took out the TCM very little tranny fluid on the plug ins I cleaned it checked the circuit board, no visible damage, done the same with the module beside the fuse box under the hood. Can't afford to throw parts at this car but anyone have any ideas? I checked the fuses, tested the relays under the hood but I lost here . Maybe a bad ECM???