New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Antenna amp???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Default Antenna amp???

I recently took my c230 to have my tint removed and new tint put back on... when i left there all 3 of my smart key locks were no longer working, but worked perfectly when i got there... come to find out by mercedes benz that pretty much everything that controls the smart key is located in the rear window glass (which was where the tint and removal was done) what they could have done to effect this? I had the company remove the tint in the back window for other reasons such as bubbling, once the tint was removed I then tried the smart keys to make sure that the problem was not coming from the tint itself. They still did not work... The car was locked with the smart key when i got there... in order for them to pull my car in their garage to do the tint they had to unlock my car before it went in their garage... therefore it was WORKING! The problem im thiinking is during the removal and re-tinting process. something obviouslly came loose, and more then likely pressed against. i know this because days later the smart key worked for a period of 5 mins when i put my visor up in the back window..... then stopped working completely as of now. there are also NO malfunctions coming up. which means, the car did not generate this problem it self. according to mechanic... so, few days later my smart keys began to work again...yay! right! NOW all my radio stations are 70% static! all of them!!!!! mercedes advised me to take off back window tint to make it easier for them to see if something was cut/or damaged in the window... but they cant garantee they can find it because it could be very little...they also hooked my car up to the STAR machine and some short something machine and it said it couldnt pick up any channels... they are telling me this def has something to do with them removing my tint... and i might have get a new windshield! AFTER RESEARCHING THIS PROBLEM MOST ARE TELLING ME THIS COULD VERY WELL BE THE ANTENNA AMPLIFIER... IF SO THIS DEF MEANS THE LINING NEEDS TO BE REMOVED? AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THIS ANTENNA AMP IS EXACTLY LOCATED IN ON A 2004 C230 KOMPRESSOR? I DO NOT FEEL LIKE GETTING ANOTHER WINDSHIELD IF I DONT HAVE TO... PLEASE HELP