New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

2000 E320 cd changer - HELP !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Post 2000 E320 cd changer - HELP !!

Hi;
Hopefully someone can help me re: 2000 E320 sedan

I have the original, dealer installed, vertically mounted CD changer in my car (I bought the car new and it came with the radio and CD). It is located in the trunk on the left (if I face the front of the car.)
It refuses to acknowledge that any CDs are in the CD player (even though it is full), and refuses to eject the cartridge.
This has happened several times, and each time I have had to remove the CD changer from it's metal "jacket," depress the eject button, while vigorously slapping and beating on the side of the player, AND while holding the CD player horizontally (so the CDs lay down into the movable - cheapo - plastic "frames." I do all this while with the wires still attached to the CD player so that it has power.
If I do this, the CD cartridge will eject. I then re-install the CD player into its metal "jacket" re-insert the CD cartridge, and all is fine - it changes CDs and plays just fine.
Until the next day, at which point the problem starts anew, and I need to remove the whole enchilada - again - and repeat this pain-in-the-*** process.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
How did you fix it?
What caused this problem?
Is it a faulty CD player or do I just need a new cartridge?
If I need a new CD player, what brand/model do you suggest??
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-28-2022, 04:30 AM

test mercedez benz is quite pricey

Old 03-29-2022, 06:37 AM

So my friend has told me all about how Mercedes have breached emissions regulations by fitting "defeat devices" my vehicle was actually manufactured in 2015 so my mate sent me over an emissions claims form didn't think much of it until one weekend filled it out and I actually qualified thought this would be worth a mention this is the form I used: https://www.emissionsclaimcentre.co.uk/mercedes-4