New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

1999 SL

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Default 1999 SL

as a new member to this forum, I just wanted to say HI ! Recently purchased my third Mercedes a 1999 SL Dark Turq. Java interior. Previously owned a 560SL for 8 years, traded that for a 2001 SLK 320 turned that in and purchased the 500SL! Love this car.....

Old 04-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Default RE: 1999 SL

Welcome!

Your car sounds pretty. A deep, bright, blue with a tan interior? Sometimes the color nomenclature tosses me a looper. Dark turqoise and java definitely sounds better than dark blue and tan, though.

It's like my Corvette colors. Magnetic red and light oak. It's metallic red and tan.

Does MB play around with tinted clearcoats? That's an oxymoron, but that's what GM calls the paint on my Corvette. The clearcoat is tinted with black, I think. GM used a blue-tinted clearcoat on the wheels for the last anniversary edition of the Trans Am. I didn't like those and I haven't noticed anyone else, including GM, doing it again. Tinted clearcoats on body paint, though, makes the paint look deeper and richer, IMO.