New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New C230 K Sports Coupe owner and wanting to hook it up

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Default New C230 K Sports Coupe owner and wanting to hook it up

Hey guys whats up?
I found this forum and it seemed like a good one to be apart of. To tell u a little about where Im coming from.....I bought a 2003 C230 komp coupe in April this year and I absolutely love it. I just put a Renntech decklid spoiler on it. I got the windows tinted and painted the brake calipers and put in clear corners. I was gonna buy a new sport suspension some time soon but I wanted to check up and hopefully get some feedback on some kits if anyone has them on their car. Any other mods anyone has please let me know. So if you do or u have any questions or comments on the car, please talk to me. Late -John

Old 04-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Default RE: New C230 K Sports Coupe owner and wanting to hook it up

Having fun yet?

What did you use on your calipers? I saw a kit in AutoZone or PepBoys or somewhere like that. I was wondering if I should take the plunge, but I don't want the paint to peel off after I toil all day cleaning and painting them.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Default RE: New C230 K Sports Coupe owner and wanting to hook it up

Hey dude...
I went to autozone and bought the spray caliper paint. Make sure that it is caliper paint that way it will not chip off. One can will cover all the calipers. My friend's dad owns a shop so we went there and put the car up on a lift and took off the rims. Then we sprayed degreaser on all the rotors and calipers and scrubbed it in and rinsed it off. Next we took a rough sandpaper and scuffed the calipers after they dried from the water. After that we papered off everything but the caliper. Dont forget to paper off the wheel well to protect against overspray. Then spray on a coat and let it dry for 20 minutes. Every 20 minutes spray on another coat. You should get 4 coats out of the can. Then let them dry for like an hour and then you can drive with light braking at first and then your fine. I painted mine when I bought the car last year and the paint is still good as new. Let me know if you have any questions. Im always here to help a fellow Benz owner. Late - John