Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Still having central locking problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Default Still having central locking problems

Hi Guys

I have replaced the PSE pump on my SLK230 after my local dealer diagnosed it as faulty at the last service, it has NOT fixed the problems with the car.

Here is what is wrong:

The central locking does not work either from the key or the radio fob. The indicators flash (once for opening and three times when the locking button is pushed) but the alarm and immobiliser do not set. The interior and boot (trunk?) lights do not work when the doors are opened either but the interior light comes on when the switch is set to the on position.

I can hear a "click" from the PSE pump when I operate the radio key fob but nothing happens. I have also checked the fuses and all are OK.

Any ideas anyone?

Would really appreciate some help!

Thanks in advance

Martin

Old 11-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Still having central locking problems

Martin, did the dealer check for fault codes and actual values on door switches, lock/unlock signals, etc.?

did they do the coding also on new PSE pump?

all fuses okay?

Old 11-23-2004, 01:39 PM

Sleepwalker

I'm not sure what the dealer checked for, the report he gave me only stated that the PSE pump was faulty. The replacement PSE pump was a secondhand unit from a SLK230, the same year as mine so should not have needed coding (right??). I eventually tracked down a 04 part number unit although this does have two additional connectors fitted, I have assumed they are not neccessary for my model....

The fuses all checked out OK.

Thanks
Martin

Old 11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

[/quote]
I can hear a "click" from the PSE pump when I operate the radio key
this only shows that the PSE pump motor doesn't work.

try the coding.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:44 PM

Guys, sorry to raise this quite an old topic...
I have almost the same issue with central locking and it's really annoying. Symptoms:
- when pressing remote, lamp is flashing, some relay is clicking but locks don't operate.
- when door is opened or closed manually with the key, the other locks on door and trunk don't operate.
- when pressing the switch on the central panel (the switch that is near the alarm flash control) nothing happens to the locks.
But! When the ignition key is in the socket and switched to first position (the ACC position) and you press switch on central panel, all locks on doors, trunk, and fuel door are perfectly lock and unlock! So... With this I assume that the pump is fine and the problem is somewhere in PSU logic or something.
Any thoughts? I appreciate any advise.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Resolved this by inspecting pump control unit under the passenger's foot. One of the wires had bad contact in the socket.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:07 PM

Where under the passengers feet? under the car or the carpet? This is my issue.

The button on the dash locks everything fine. The auto-lock when i reach 10 +/- mph works fine.

to lock the doors with the fob:

trunk or passenger door must be open
press lock on the fob
doors and trunk lock
wait 10 seconds (not 9 or 8)
close the door and they stay locked but the dome light won't turn off.

if i close the door or trunk in less than 10 seconds, everything unlocks.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by roboteacher
Where under the passengers feet? under the car or the carpet?.
Under the passenger's carpet (just unfold it) you'll find some firm styrofoam stuff you just put it away. Then you'll see steel plate fixed with two or three plastic nuts. Unscrew and carefully pull the plate. On the other side of this plate you'll find two units fixed on it - the bigger one is BOSE amp (in my case it was there, if your audio system is another, it may be absent). And the smaller unit is pump control unit. There is a big plug at it. And in my case one of the wires (a single connector) was almost fallen out of the common plug. I put it back and everything back to operation.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:18 AM

Fantastic. Thanks so much. I should hopefully get her back from the detail shop later today or Monday and then I'll check that out. Hopefully that's my problem as well.