Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

should i burn it or sell it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Default should i burn it or sell it?

ok new car trouble!!!! my car will not go above 2000 rpm's not as easy as it should.my car has been going out with some chick(car) by its self at night and has fallenin love with her,its either that or it wants togo thetoilet so badly its shaking in its pants!!! have you people ever seen a car shaking fromon side to the other? the intake (butterfly we calll it in greece) system has been changed 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!! by the previous owner and the fuel pump plus some othersh..!The mechanic said to me after 2 days they where searching tha car from top to bottom they foundout thatall the wiring of the enginehas to bereplaced with a new one!!! the question is has anybody any idea why this is happening cause i amnot related to george bushso its natural that i donthave an oilwell in thebackyardof my houseto pump money from everyday. these people are crazy! 750 euros for the wiring and 220 to get the job done plus tax 19%, it all adds up to 1,130 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i found the wiring for 505 euros including tax at some other dealer how can this be? is this reasonable such a difference among the two prices for the wiring of the engine????????????
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLP!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Default RE: should i burn it or sell it?

ORIGINAL: Corinthian Warrior

ok new car trouble!!!! my car will not go above 2000 rpm's not as easy as it should.my car has been going out with some chick(car) by its self at night and has fallenin love with her,its either that or it wants togo thetoilet so badly its shaking in its pants!!! have you people ever seen a car shaking fromon side to the other? the intake (butterfly we calll it in greece) system has been changed 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!! by the previous owner and the fuel pump plus some othersh..!The mechanic said to me after 2 days they where searching tha car from top to bottom they foundout thatall the wiring of the enginehas to bereplaced with a new one!!! the question is has anybody any idea why this is happening cause i amnot related to george bushso its natural that i donthave an oilwell in thebackyardof my houseto pump money from everyday. these people are crazy! 750 euros for the wiring and 220 to get the job done plus tax 19%, it all adds up to 1,130 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i found the wiring for 505 euros including tax at some other dealer how can this be? is this reasonable such a difference among the two prices for the wiring of the engine????????????
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLP!!!!!!!

sorry almost forgotmy car is a 2000cc automatic non kopressor

Old 02-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Do you have any trouble codes from the engine diagnostic computer? If not ask your machanic to extract them, then people have information to help you with. Sounds like the engine computer is limiting the revs to save further damage from whatever it is that is wrong.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Could be the Crank Position Sensor or the K40 Relay, both will give you the problems described and many times doesn't trigger the check engine light.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:52 AM

Engine wiring was changed, mechanic says the car is OK, more after a few road tests... BTW, old engine wiring was found to be worn out and some parts were replaced...

Old 03-09-2007, 07:51 AM

ok people just kill me!!!!!! Am i an unlucky bastard or what????? got my car back started the engineand as i was driving the car down the ramp the same **** happened again!!!! i'm about to shoot my self!!!!
the TROUBLE CODE IS (P1580).

Old 03-09-2007, 08:01 AM

ok people just kill me!!!!!! Am i an unlucky bastard or what????? got my car back started the and as i was driving the car down the ramp the same **** happened again!!!! i'm about to shout my self!!!!
P.S. THEY HAVE THE STAR DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM i think its by daimler benz or somethin...

Old 03-09-2007, 09:08 AM

does anyone have the e-mail adrs for mb in germany? i cant find any info on the web, i'm thinking of letting them know what is going on withmy carmaybe than they could push things a bit. I dont see any other wayto have my problem fixed...

Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 PM

ok people just kill me!!!!!! Am i an unlucky bastard or what????? got my car back started the engineand as i was driving the car down the ramp the same **** happened again!!!! i'm about to shoot my self!!!!
Any help, anyone?

Old 07-07-2007, 07:51 PM

buell winkle you are truely thye chosen one it was the K40 relay, after paying for theengines wiring and some electronicb.s. foraccelarator etc etc they got their heads together fixed my car. the good thing that i didnt pay anything for the K40. buell thanx again bro! [8D]

Quick Reply: should i burn it or sell it?