Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

One Touch Top Operation

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Default RE: One Touch Top Operation

Kevin,

On your video you first move the roof button forwards. The lired light comes on and goes off after about 5 secs. You then move the button backwards. You then show the roof opening.

My question (which you stated you didn't understand) was why did you first move the button forward before waiting and moving it backwards. i.e. You press the button twice.....or did you just press it in the wrong direction on the video!!

Stuart.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Drew did u forget we are administration even if its the lower level.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: snanceki

Kevin,

On your video you first move the roof button forwards. The lired light comes on and goes off after about 5 secs. You then move the button backwards. You then show the roof opening.

My question (which you stated you didn't understand) was why did you first move the button forward before waiting and moving it backwards. i.e. You press the button twice.....or did you just press it in the wrong direction on the video!!

Stuart.
Sorry Stuart...I understand now. Hitting the button twice was my screwup. The top was already up and I pushed the button to go up again. The light came on long enough for the system to realize it was already up. Then I hit the button for open or top down operation. Watch the video again with the volume up and you can hear me say..."oops".

Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

No, but I (we) have no power to post ads, nor should we. IMHO

I think a section with links to important products would be useful to everyone.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 PM

Thought I'd let anyone interested know that the guy who's selling these just orderd parts for 100 more. You can get them assembled or unassembled.

FYI...I've had mine installed for a month now and it works GREAT! I operate it most everyday usually 3 times...To work, lunch, back from work. It rarely rains in Vegas.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:32 PM

the other night i put my top down to give my back windsheild a good cleaning, it was a lot colder than i realized (35 degrees) the trunk tilted backwards, but the top didn't come off, it just hummed a bit, i pushed the top button forward to put the trunk back and put the windows up. the next morning the top worked fine, it was much warmer the next morning (about 60 degress), i remember reading something in the owners manual about never putting the top down in cold temperatures, does something freeze up that stops the top from going down or is there a sensor that regulates the top from going down in cold temp, kinda like a safety overide. Is it possible that I caused any permanent damage that i cannot see?...like the hydraulic system?

slkboi2000

00' slk 230
71,000 miles

Old 11-08-2006, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Slkboi2000

the other night i put my top down to give my back windsheild a good cleaning, it was a lot colder than i realized (35 degrees) the trunk tilted backwards, but the top didn't come off, it just hummed a bit, i pushed the top button forward to put the trunk back and put the windows up. the next morning the top worked fine, it was much warmer the next morning (about 60 degress), i remember reading something in the owners manual about never putting the top down in cold temperatures, does something freeze up that stops the top from going down or is there a sensor that regulates the top from going down in cold temp, kinda like a safety overide. Is it possible that I caused any permanent damage that i cannot see?...like the hydraulic system?

slkboi2000

00' slk 230
71,000 miles
Is this a "general" top operation question? Or did you get a SimpleRoofSLK module and are wondering if the installation has caused side effects?

Old 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM

You can also buy them here in the USA already assembled. They work excellent, easy installation.

www.mercedes-automated-tops.com

Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM

Has anyone purchased one from this website?
There's no contact information other than an email address.
Kevin
[hr]

Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Default One Touch Top Operation

I hate to pee in anyones pool.. BUT, what happens if there is some failure during top operation? I guess with the auto system it will keep going and crunch and mangle more parts.. I am wonedring ifI have gotten so lazy that I can't hold a button for a minute or two......

Quick Reply: One Touch Top Operation