Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Help! Check Engine Light. I have codes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Default Help! Check Engine Light. I have codes!

So my check engine light came on about two weeks ago. After getting back the diagnostics trouble codes, I had about 5 trouble codes. The dude told me it was nothing serious and I need not worry, that my car will just have less powere than usual. Heres what the diagnostic read:

The MIL is command On.

Emissions-Related Powertrain DTCs, Mode 3:
Electronic Control Unit ID: 01
P0301
Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302
Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0803
1-4 Upshift (Skip Shift) Solenoid Control Circuit Malfunction
P0410
Sec. AIR Injection System Malfunction
P0300
Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Continuously Monitered System DTCs, Mode 7:
No Diagnostic Trouble Codes recorded

I first bought this car Nov. 1 2007 with 78000 miles. This is my first car I purchased, as well as my first Benz. I admit I had accidentally up shifted a few times when I first got it because I was not used to the sensitive shifter. I do have a mechanic to help me but he's on vacation at the moment; so if anyone can please tell me what these codes mean, and what I need to due.??? Thanks a bunch!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Default RE: Help! Check Engine Light. I have codes!

I had similar codes and I cleaned the MAF, reset the codes and all was well. Also, never let someone that doesn't know squat tell you it's nothing as it's a warning that something worse can happen. What if the misfires are because of a weak fuel pump that's about to go out?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 AM

What is a MAF codes?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Default SLK 230 Kompressor Engine Error Code 11900

I was driving in the rain, and the car just stalled in the road. Car is giving me this code on the dash. Hasn't started for a week, but the engine turns over???? Anyone know anything please!!!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 AM

does it cut-out on a hard acceleration? check cheapest first. no big holes/cracks in or disconnected hoses. spark plugs are how old and what kind? the Mass Air Flow sensor is one thing related to the secondary air injection system that by itself could cause performance problems. the CEL is generally telling you more often than not a oxygen sensor or there's a bad valve. CEL means "fix me before it gets worse". I found that the MAF will cause your cel to come on and not show any noticeable difference in performance and be very intermittent, that's in my personal experience. however, they can sometimes go the totally the other way. they are great little cars and hopefully a pretty simple fix. talk to people that have these cars, ask who does their service. a good technician is worth his weight in your gold.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Default P0200

I found out that I had a fuel injection problem. The car runs great, no lost of fuel efficiency (diesel), the vehicle runs good. used cetanne booster cleaner about 4 oz per tank full, the warning cleaned in a few miles, for about two days, then intermittent there after. I am told the the fuel injector are good or bad. Don't understand the issue. Power to the injectors is good, however, problem still exist. Great running vehicle E300.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Default P0200 Problem code

I found out that I had a fuel injection problem. The car runs great, no lost of fuel efficiency (diesel), the vehicle runs good. used cetanne booster cleaner about 4 oz per tank full, the warning cleaned in a few miles, for about two days, then intermittent there after. I am told the the fuel injector are good or bad. Don't understand the issue. Power to the injectors is good, however, problem still exist. Great running vehicle E300.