Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Magazine Request for 70s images of SL Roadster Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Default Magazine Request for 70s images of SL Roadster Series

ESCAPE Magazine is Asia's leading English language, fashion, lifestyle and travel magazine published in Hong Kong and distributed in China, Singapore and Sydney. We believe "Travel is a State of Mind" and offer unique travel stories around the world. I'm developing a feature on Mercede's SL series, but with a particular focus on their emerging popularity in California in the 1970s and linking it with today's models. Somehow, the SL roadsters of the 1970s captured the California zeitgest in a way no other car could do. One sees that in movies and music.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to contribute high resolution images of the SLs from this era to this feature. Mercedes is supplying images of their current SL roadsters, but they haven't come up with the older ones. Your images will be in the company of some super travel images as we feature Joshua Tree, Burning Man, Timor-Leste in this issue. Our regular fashion photographer, Nigel Barker, did a shoot of Yasmin, a NY based supermodel, in Joshua Tree. Nigel Barker is also a judge on Tyra Banks' hit reality show, America's Next Top Model.

I think it's a great opportunity to display your SL among some sexy and cool images. I can be emailed at: peter.guy@escapemagazine.biz

Thank you.