Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Hello everybody I'm New here! & How to disable ASR

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Default RE: Hello everybody I'm New here! & How to disable ASR

sleepwalker,

Wake up for a minute.

MioCLK is saying that the ASR cannot be turned off. I have no reason to disbelieve him, by the way. He's saying it can only be turned all the way on or somewhat less than all the way on. Just for argument's sake, say that's halfway.

I guess it has a "stage one" and a "stage two," if you will, where stage one is all the way on and stage two is halfway on.

What is MSR?

Old 06-03-2004, 08:37 AM

was the ASR light flashing when you did the burn out? if it flashes, it means it is activated.
this is also mentioned in th eowners manual.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:29 AM

The light flashes in mine when the wheels spin whether the switch is turned on or off. My other cars (non-MB) that have ASR work this way too. The ASR system senses the spinning and flashes the light but doesn't do anything about it when the switch is turned off.

There's a pronounced reduction of engine power when the switch is turned on and the wheels spin. Can't do a burnout.

If the switch is turned off the tires will spin until I let up on the gas pedal. All day long or until the tires melt off or I run out of gas. There's no noticeable reduction in engine power. I'm not saying there's none, just not enough for me to notice and not enough to stop wheel spin.

Do you remember that pic of jetforeman's car doing a long smokey wheel spinning launch? It was about 15ft-20ft of tire-smoking take-off. It got lost during the software upgrade ... and so did jetforeman apparently. Do you know what he did to do all that wheel spinning without being denied by ASR?