Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Central Locking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Default Central Locking Problem

Recently bought a SL 500 2005, my door canot open with the remote.. i dont whats the problem even from the interior its not opening.. if there is someone know about it let me know please..

Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Central Locking Problem

I have had the same problem with a 2003 SL500 i believe it is caused by water leaking into the boot area due to faulty roof seals. Has anybody else experienced similar problems.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Silver_Bullet

Recently bought a SL 500 2005, my door canot open with the remote.. i dont whats the problem even from the interior its not opening..
Might be a problem with the Pneumatic Systems Equipment (PSE) pump located in the left side of the trunk. If so, then your trunk release and closing assist functions would also not work, and I would check fuse #71 in the fuse box.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:41 PM

Hi,

I know it's an old post but I've got the same problem.

I started having problems with central locking, boot soft closing and lumbar control. I replaced fuse 71 but it blew again within a few seconds.

So I ended up having the PSE pump replaced at my local garage. When the cables were removed though they weren't marked up and a digital photo was taken instead for reference.

I'm just wondering if one or more of the cables have got mixed up though when replacing. They all seem to be back in there 'natural' position but I've had mixed results.

The driver side door works perfectly now and locks and unlocks as it should. But the boot and passenger door and lumbar support still don't work.

A strange thing is when I attempt to open up the boot it locks the passenger door.

Has anybody got a diagram showing where the cables go? Failing that does anybody have a suggestion on what would be the best method to systematically check each cable.

Lastly, I've also seen on some posts that the PSE pump needs to be coded. Can anyone confirm this. I did actually take it back to the main dealer to test on the star machine but no mention was made about coding.

Thanks for any help.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:40 PM

If you have a volt/ohm meter you can check the cables for shorts by disconnecting the battery and then use the ohm meter setting to see if you get a short reading between the cable and the ground (frame). The ohms should be near infinity unless there is a short then resistance will fall to near zero. The meters are an inexpensive ( around $20-30) tool everyone should have in their toolbox.