Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

keyless go and dashboard switch question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Default keyless go and dashboard switch question

hi all,

could someone help explain how to opperate the button on my 2002 keyless go card? As of now my car unlocks the driver side door when I reach for the drivers side handle, and the start/stop switch on the shift **** works fine when I am carrying the keyless go card. I cannot seem to get the car to automatically lock the doors after I leave the car. I have the vehicles settings (controlled using the steering wheel buttons) set to automaticaly lock the doors. so I don't know what's left to do to make the driver side door automatically lock w/o me pressing the lock button on my remote control.

secondly, regarding keyless go, am I able to get a regular ignition type key programmed as a transponder (like my credit card transponder) so that I can use it as a keyless go device as well?

lastly, Another switch that baffles me is a switch layed out along the dashboard, it looks like a car with the tail end tilted up a little bit and a hook is attached to a verticle cable is adjacent to it. I just dont' understand that button at all??? are you suppose to press button when your car is about to get towed? so that the car knows it's getting towed?

Any help on the above matter would be greatly appreciated! please let me know if any clarifications or pictures are needed. Thank you in advance!

Old 07-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: keyless go and dashboard switch question

automatically lock the doors after I leave the car
this is only when you drive the car at more than 10km/h

get a regular ignition type key programmed as a transponder
no.

a switch layed out along the dashboard, it looks like a car with the tail end tilted up
anti-towing. turn it off after removing the key from the ignition to deactivate. do it only when you are parking on a slope or unstable ground or your car is being towed.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:26 AM

a switch layed out along the dashboard, it looks like a car with the tail end tilted up
anti-towing. turn it off after removing the key from the ignition to deactivate. do it only when you are parking on a slope or unstable ground or your car is being towed.

[/quote]

how does that work, does it lower your car or something so that it wont get towed????

Old 07-17-2006, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

how to opperate the button on my 2002 keyless go card
just press the button which got 4 door open diagram for more than 5 seconds...until the green light comes on. that will be on global locking/unlocking.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:44 PM

hi sleepwalker,

thanks for the info on things so far. my last question is how do I get the doors to automatically lock when I step away from the car with the keyless go attached to my side? Is there a setting on the card or car that I need to change so that it'll sense that I have stepped away and lock the door in a preset time period?

I just see little logic in carrying a keyless go card and a regular lock/unlock key.

You think maybe the system needs to be serviced and repaired?

thanks again for your assistance!

-luxse

Old 07-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

how do I get the doors to automatically lock when I step away from the car with the keyless go
it has no such function that i know of, but there is an automatic relocking... only if the key is still inserted on the ignition. i will try to check that out.

it will just warn you when the key is left inside the car.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

how does that work, does it lower your car or something so that it wont get towed????
no. a giant hand will come out from the car and slap the face of the car thief.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:00 AM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

no. a giant hand will come out from the car and slap the face of the car thief.

probably