Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

FREE BEER!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Default FREE BEER!!!!!!!!!

bet that got your attention!!!!!!!!
sorry but i really need a hand....

my car is a 92 S320 W140,

my problem is the central locking (common fault as i found out) first question is my model ment to have a remote to lock and unlock? if so i dont have one... i have been reading all about the pumps that control locking soft shut doors etc etc... well none of mine work! so what im asking for is like a check list i can work my way through to solve these problems please!! need to know...

*where are these pumps? step by step guide?
*what to do when i find them?
*process of ilumination...

thanks for your time
Adam

p.s
sorry bout the free beer gag.....

Old 10-31-2006, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: FREE BEER!!!!!!!!!

*pump is under the rear seat. right side.

*you may touch them or prepare a handy hammer. disconnect and reconnect the wirings to reset it. try the lock\unlock function and hear if it's whirring. if it's not, check the fuse. if fuse is good, use the hammer.

*got green and red LED on the door handle? was it flashing?

Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 AM

you are a champion!!!!

will have a go at it when i have a spare 5 seconds....

will let ya know how i get on

cheers Adam

p.s tell ya what... if it works ill send ya some kiwi beer over [8D]

Old 11-04-2006, 06:44 AM

well got a chance to have a play today.... and im over the moon!!!! i now have central locking, including trunk and fuel flap... the pump under the rear seat wasn't even plugged in! the plug was broken and there were just wires with terminals on the ends.. so got a diagram and put each pin in the right place... and wellahh... everything including soft shut doors was working now...what happens is everything works fine... but only once... after the car has been run the soft shut system stops working???? everything else that didn't work before still does though... there was mention of a second pump but im unable to locate that one...so thankyou so much for all the help so far but if anyone can explain why the soft shut stops working that would be fantastic
thanks heaps guys

Adam

Old 11-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

so no need to use the hammer then.

if the pump motor is running for more than 20 seconds, then there's vacuum leak. it will shut off to protect it from overheating, and can be resetted by unplugging/plugging that connector or removing/installing the fuse.

there's no second pump. it is vacuum assisted by the engine.

the other pump is for door closing assist and trunk lid grip. it is on the top of rear left wheel housing (from the trunk). remove the covering.

you better keep that kiwi beer of mine in the refrigirator so it's iced cold.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:23 AM

the beer is on ice brother

found the other pump thing in the boot today... cant quite get my head round it though... the boot doesnt self close and the little handle (that i only just found) doesnt work either...

the handle thing is a black pipe that comes from the pump under the rear seat... but cant work out why everything else from that pump works apart from that...

the soft close for the boot/trunk is a red pipe that goes to the pump thats by the rear wheel and cant get that to work either...

in my investigation i also found a red pipe that goes to no where??? is this like a pressure relese or something?

just one more question (for this post anyway) with the pump under the rear seat... is there only one plug to be conected to it? its like a 17 pin plug... because i seem to have room for other plugs to...

really appreciate all the help so far

Adam

Old 11-09-2006, 05:07 AM

FOR SALE W140 S320......

just kiddin ya'll.... it is starting to drive me a little crazy though... its winning the battle... but i WILL win the war

Old 11-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

so it's win-win situation now?

put away the hammer then.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:32 PM

still very tempted to use the hammer lol.. i think i will have to bite the bullet and get a new pse pump...