Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

A/C Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Default A/C Issues

Maybe a problem...maybe not, but I get a serious squeeling noise out of the A/C, what's it it? I raised the hood and the noise is not coming from the engine area, it's coming from the area that is covered by plastic near the firewall. What is this??? It's driving me nuts!!! And I hear the squealing in the cabin. It's funny that my passengers don't think it's anything to pay attention to, but come on BENZ FANS...you know I hear it! So, Come on guys...what is it??? Need help!!! SleepWalker, LugNut, you guys, where are you???

Old 07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A/C Issues

the noise only comes on whenever you turn on the a/c?

it must be the blower.

the shaft of the armature got no more lubricant, and therefore the squeaking noise.

you may lubricate them and still can use for a few months while hunting for a replacement blower.

Lugnut cannot reply now. he is very dead.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Default RE: A/C Issues & Memorial

My hat is off...in remembrance of LUGNUT....

I am almost speechless, because I am intimately aware of just how close our demise really is. Our lives is as a vapor, a whisp, and can burn away just like the morning dew. It's very precious and fragile, regardless of how invencible we think that we are! It is a sad moment. I looked forward to reading his post, even though I haven't seen it for a minute, I still looked forward to it popping up somewhere expressing comments that only he could and would.

I looked forward to his as I do look forward to your responses to posts, because they are filled with technical knowledge and experience. Though he may be gone, but not forgotten, we now look forward to your posts as well as others who are able to contribute in like manner. So, please, Sleepwalker, do not allow yourself to fade into the landscape; he will be missed by all who are familiar with his posts, but there is still much that you have to give. And you need to know that we appreciate you!!!

As I have coined this phrase: "Don't quit til you're done!"

Lutnut has quit, because he's done! RIP....

P.S. As for the blower, I'll just replace it opposed to the worry of lubricating it, and thank you for your information.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A/C Issues & Memorial

you're welcome.

could you please also post a copy of that above last message of yours HERE. (CONDOLENCES)