Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

2000 S430-Dash, Gas Level, Sluggish. All Happened at once. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Default 2000 S430-Dash, Gas Level, Sluggish. All Happened at once. Need help

Hey guys I am in need of some serious help here. I use my car for work and drive around quite a bit. It has been nothing but good so far for me (10 months). But....All of the sudden yesterday I was driving home and the car got super sluggish. Like if I matted it, it wouldn't downshift, rev up, it was barely moving.

So I get home I was near when this happened. I turn the car off and try to re start it. It starts up fine but then it says. Battery Charge, Check Lamps, Airmatic, etc all showing on the dash. Then the gas level will drop and the low fuel level line goes out. It will also sometimes stay in park. Sometimes the windows wont work, stereo etc.

I am freaking out, I need to use my car everyday for work. Any ideas on what it could be, I am thinking a melted wire, something tripped etc to do with the electrical.

Any suggestions on what to do first would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Old 05-25-2009, 05:29 AM

use a star computer to diagnose for trouble and or fault codes, that would be the best first approach to find out accurately why the issues you mentioned are happening. There is no better way to get to the bottom of the trouble than through the aide of a star diagnosis computer, do that to get the proper trouble code and use to address the repair accordingly. That way you need not guess nor spend unnecessarily.