Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

RADIO NO SOUND.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Default RADIO NO SOUND.......

PLEASE HELP....... MY RADIO IS WORKING..CD IS OK ALSO THE NAVIGATOR IS GOOD ... BUT THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO SOUND OF ANY THING......EVEN A BUZZING SOUND........... PLEASE HELP.....

Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Default RE: RADIO NO SOUND.......

what year is your car?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:11 PM

Did you ever find a fix for your no sound problem? I am experiencing the same thing. My battery was getting tired. I replaced the battery then entered the radio security code. The radio operates fine but no sound. The weather band and cd changer both work properly but I get no sound on AM and FM.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:33 PM

Same thing, I replaced the battery then entered the radio security code. The radio operates fine but no sound. I think maybe is the amplifier...but I donĀ“t know where is..ideas?

Old 06-09-2007, 07:06 PM

Reas please:

"A: the audio is muted, plus the CD Changer is not being recongized when I press the button for the CD. What could have happened? How do I un-mute my audio? Also is there a reset button or something for me to hit inside the vehicle?

B: You mean it does not un-mute from the mute button? Perhaps your mute input is grounded, like from a phone kit that has been removed incorrectly. The CDC could be faulty but it could be an issue with the cables equally if there was this mute line problem.

I'm afraid the reset would be simplest by removing the radio fuse."

Well, I did the fuse thing...but donĀ“t works..more ideas?

Old 06-12-2007, 07:26 PM

NO I DIDNOT FIX IT YET...... SAME THING EVER THING IS WORKING GOOD....THE NAVI... IS WORKING.... THE TAPE IS WORKING..... THE CD IS WORKING........... BUT THERE IS NO SOUND EVEN A HUMMING SOUND......... I EVEN FULL OUT THE UNIT AND CHECK THE FUSE ON THE RADIO AND IT'S GOOD..... I CHECK THE AMPLIFIER FUSE AND IT'S GOOD TOO....... STILL NO SOUND........ I'M REALLY DESPERATE..............

Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 AM

IĀ“m desperate too,butI canĀ“t fix de problem....I check all fuses too...I think the problem is "mute input is grounded" I press the emergency switch (phone) (roof) and the call soundfrom the speakers (them itĀ“s ok)...I promise to publish some solution...if I find..

Old 06-13-2007, 03:54 PM

THANKS .......LET ME KNOW....IF YOU FOUND IT...............

Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Me too!
Just bought a 2002 ML500 at auction. No sound from Radio or CD single player, but the screen shows the CD is playing.
Please advise!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Default Radio Muted?

Hi All, I am just checking to see if you were able to get the radio off muted...I have a 2001 SLK 230 I just bought and had to disconnect the battery when I put the code back into the radio it went into mute function and will not come out. I also tried buy removing the power and then installing the code again and muted came up again. Don't have a clue what to do...If you guys figured it out please let me know...Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: RADIO NO SOUND.......