Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

ML320 Tranny problem electrical? / hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Default ML320 Tranny problem electrical? / hesitation

Well First of all, off the start this truck takes off like a turtle. I have owned it for 2 years and it has a bad hesitation (reaction time). But my main concern here has been happening a lot lately. THe car will bug out and shift into 2nd gear and stay there. No matter if i stop and go up to 60 -70 mph or manually shift the gears on the shifter, it wil not change gears. BUT IF I shut the car off and restart it the tranny is fine. SHifts normal. I have read many similar problems but no one has an answer. It is not the fluid Its some kind of computer problem because it kinda resets after I shut it down n restart... anyone that can help would be a hero...It will cost $170 for MB to do a diag. test on it. thanks
Chris[&:]

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: ML320 Tranny problem electrical? / hesitation

i sounds like you could have a couple of problems. i think you really need to get the codes read that will tell me and them alot. second i was working on a ml just a few weeks ago that was a sled. i felt like it was starting off it felt like in both second and first gear. after taking the trans apart twice and pulling my hair out for 3 days i found that a coworket of mine had working on the car just 2 weeks before me and had replaced the motor mounts. well i found that the left side motor mount was not in the correct holes. yes guys you can screw up installing motor mounts there are two sets of holes that it can fit into. also he found out that there directional.
is what happen is with the motor in the car cocked it pushed the trans linkage back enough to make the shift selector (on the trans ) start in second gear. nightmare did you just have your motor mounts replaced just a question

Old 06-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

BUT IF I shut the car off and restart it the tranny is fine
emergency mode alright.

have somebody read the fault code and avoid experimentation.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:30 AM

Hi criseboy,
I have a ml270 CDI 2000mdl 100,000klms.
I am experiencing the same problems with my car and mine is also flaring between gear changes 3-4, mine also regulary goes into limp mode and if i turn car off and back on again it resets and works fine.
i have just been told through another forum that a weak battery can cause car to go into limp home mode, so it may pay to have battery tested,
Also there is a service bullitin regarding transmission 722.6 regarding trans fluid getting into the ECU wiring harness that is connected to the trans, and this will play havoc with the computer and trans. The guy that told me this had exactly the same problems with his car and his has just been fixed and i have emailed him to find out exactly what was replaced and fixed to solve the problem,

Ill let you know when he has replied.

Cheers,
Scott

Old 07-10-2006, 12:39 AM

I just experienced a similar problem on my 99 ML430. It will not move at all and the Check Engine light is ON....Any ideas??