Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

looking for feedback on new ML500

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Default looking for feedback on new ML500

hi everyone,
I have an ML320 here in Hong Kong and the wife, who drives it most, loves it. I also find it a nice change from driving a rather rough and to some extent, vintage, Porsche 993...its like driving around in a lounge chair compared to having kidney dialysis by force!

Faced with the prospect of moving back to Australia, we are thinking that it may be best to pick up a new car, instead of used, and are leaning towards the ML again. Since the wife wont drive a Range Rover (says its too big) and since I like a little extra oomph, we are leaning toward the new ML500 as the compromise.

i was wondering whether I could get your feedback on:

* General finish and quality
* Is the extra engine size worthwhile with respect to;1)city and highway driving; 2) the economy/power payoff
* Best options to go for
* What impact the level of options has on resale

The ML320 has been a great car, and we never really missed the extra power on the tight Hong Kong roads but I guess back in the real world this may be different. Having said that, there has always been something about driving the "top of the range" european car that has appealed to me.

your thoughts ad feedback are very welcome.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Default RE: looking for feedback on new ML500

You might want to consider the 320cdi. It has loads of power, and the diesel mileage will save you money. I really don't think you'll feel the need for thebigger engine in the 500.I owned an ML 320, and the new ML is no comparison....ride, handling, quiet and more will be better. I test drove an 07 ML and loved it. When I returned to dealership I was astounded to find out it was the diesel ( my sales contact was out that day, and a Jeep salesmen got me the car to drive...he didn't know it was a diesel either)!! I ordered one the next day. I've only had it for three days now, but it is truly a great vehicle.