Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Keyless remote question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Default Keyless remote question

Hi All,
Newbie to the board and to the world of the Mercedes Benz.

The wife and I just purchased a 2001 ML 320 !!! Man it rides sweet. Just got it home an hour ago.

One question (sure I'll have many more) When They had it at the dealer (not Mercedes) the one remote was working, the other did not, ( well the locks worked and the lights flashed) But when I got it home and tried to lock the car it wasn't working. It came with two remotes. Figured the batteries were dead or weak, so I ran out and got 4 new one's. Unfortunately they still don't work. Also When I got out of the car I hit the lock button on the console, all the doors locked but the drivers door. I waited a few seconds thinking it might be on some kind of lock out prevention system. Wound up having to lock that door with the actual key, from outside. I couldn't even just push the lock button down on the door it wouldn't let go down.

I read the manual and found that if I insert the key in the ignition and turn to the #2 position (is that right before the starter engages?) turn back to the #0 and remove the key, then push and hold the lock button and push the unlock button, it should reprogram it, but it's still not working. Did I do that in the right sequence?

Any idea's? Like I said never had a Benz before so I'm not real sure on what to do. Do I have to take it to a Benz dealer for re-programming?

Old 03-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Default RE: Keyless remote question

Anybody?

Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 AM

yes you do have to go to the dealer to program the key. should do it free of charge.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 PM

We just purchased ours a couple months ago and have a similar problem. The remote will lock, unlock, lock, unlock the doors.. so they are not locked. I have to manually lock the doors each time I get out of the car to get them locked. We took it to the dealer (got the car 400 miles away so took it to a local dealer) **used 2000 ML350*** the dealer told us all 5 locks were bad and needed replaced!! at a cost of $400.00 for labor and $700.00 for parts. Told them I'd just lock it manually then. We'll search for other reasons. We've tried everything the book says and I'm thinking about buying the online manual to see if there's anything in there to help. Other wise I'll just lock it manually even though it's a pain.

Good luck with your problem. I'm going to keep watching to see if anyone has any suggestions also.

Candy

Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Sorry about your problem Candy.

I hope thats what they tell me though, because we got an extended warranty and locks and acuators are covered.
It's a 3 year warranty or an additional 38,000 miles from whats now on the odometer..... But I don't think the remotes are covered.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 PM

Another thing that happened today was when I got out of the vehicle, the plastic trim along the side of the seat (where the seat controls are located) popped off at the rear screw hole. I can see where the screw hole attachment is broken.........

Not sure if that's covered either. Does anyone know what that called? I tried seaching on e-bay and internet sites but can't find it.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: ACLineman

Another thing that happened today was when I got out of the vehicle, the plastic trim along the side of the seat (where the seat controls are located) popped off at the rear screw hole. I can see where the screw hole attachment is broken.........

Not sure if that's covered either. Does anyone know what that called? I tried seaching on e-bay and internet sites but can't find it.
can you post some pix of that?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 PM

Sure it's dark out now, will try to get them posted tomorrow

Old 03-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Bear with me. I never posted pictures here before and this board is a little different than one's I'm used to but here goes.....

Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 PM

well that didn't work let me try this......

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n/Benz0005.jpg

Quick Reply: Keyless remote question