Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Help! - Remove sunroof cover and sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Post Help! - Remove sunroof cover and sunroof

Hello! New to the forum. We have a 2008 ML350 and it's had some minor issues but just from age. Here's the latest...the headliner needs replaced so I removed it to save money and gave it to an upholstery shop. They are charging what it would cost to buy all new quality material anyway so basically a wash.

I have 2-problems:
1- I have no idea how to remove the sunroof panel cover. All the videos we found are different models and nothing matches a 2008 Mercedes Benz ML-350. Anyone have some advice? With pics is greatly appreciated.
2- Noticed the sunroof wouldn't go back smoothly. It keeps stopping, which I understand to be a synchronization problem. However, when fully retracted, it would only go a few inches forward before it completely stopped. But it would move back to the full retracted position. Noticed one side moved forward more than the other, and after inspecting the track (at least what I could see), there was a piece of plastic wedged in. I removed the piece, obviously broken from the sunroof mechanism somewhere but I can't see where and there is still an issue with moving. I can move manually though to close it. Anyone know how to remove the sunroof? I have the whole headliner removed so this is a good time.

Appreciate anyone's help!