Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

HELP!!!! New to M class

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Default HELP!!!! New to M class

Hello all,
I bought a 2002 ML320 w/30,000 miles about 3 months ago. From a local Chevy dealer. I did all the things you should do when buying a used car, I took it to the local MB dealer for an inspection, to the local collision center for a go over, car fax reports and an overnight drive. I was never able to talk with the past owner even after many, many trys. Every one that saw the car loved it.
Two weeks after delivery of the car I started to notice a slight vibration in the stearing wheel at red lights. about one month into ownership the trans started to shift harder, not so much as most would notice but at random times it would lag or shift slowly, the rear power vent window upper clip broke off, shot off is a better term because it hit me in the back of the head.Last month two clips from the sunroof came off and the drivers seat started to feel loose, Now the radio volume goes up and down randomly as does the bass level. This week the service eng. light comes on as well as the brake light and a host off others and the car sometimes puts itself in limp home mode. (when ever this happens the speedo does not work and the gas gage has a mind of its own going up and down nonstop)
I am taking the car in for service Monday morning
I have never been to a Meredes service center and fear for my bank account. Does any of this sound like problems already coverd on this forum in the past?
I could not find any TSB's or recalls on line that sound like they apply.
Any advice would be a great help.

Old 08-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP!!!! New to M class

i can only say it's an electrical problem and must be dealt with individually.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:56 PM

I also feel that this is some type of electrical problem, what seems strange to me is that a car with under 35,ooo miles and no history of collision or water damage would show this type of problem with out others in the same production run showing the same type of problem / problems. That is why I had hoped that others on this forum my be aware of this type of problem and then could offer some insight as to what was the root cause and cure.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:48 AM

Good news is, electrical problems usually don't require expensive part to repair. The bad part is, that any dealer will charge you on hourly bases and you are at his mercy.
With $110/hr light bulb replacement at my Bay Area dealer cost $170.
Would you wonder, why having strictly mechanical education I became almost expert in electrical?

Old 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM

I would try a local certified Mercedes/BMW/Volvo Reapir shop..Cheaper than the Dealer and just as good..

Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 PM

You are covered in 4yr / 50000 miles bumper to bumper service.
Everyhintg should be free. Plus free Mercedes Loaner car too.