Mercedes G and GL Class Mercedes G500 and GL450 SUV.

Deflates at Normal height' not Raised

Old 08-14-2018, 07:20 PM
Default Deflates at Normal height' not Raised

Howdy all, just got the wife a 2008 GL320 CDI, with a few issues...

Ive owned/worked on German cars my whole life (now45), mostly Audi, VW and BMW, this is my first MB

looks nice, drives nice, good power, but the suspension deflates ONLY if I have the setting at Normal. if I put it into Raised mode, it can sit all night and not deflate.

when itís in normal mode it doesnít deflate at the same rate, sometimes itíll take hours, sometimes within 30 mins, itís sacked out. But for a couple days it stayed at normal hieght without sagging at all. Then I raised it up then back down. Then after that it started sagging again.

ive had it at a local shop twice and he replaced a blown front bag, but said the rears were good. I returned to the shop a few days later saying itís still sagging in the rear. Just picked it up today, and he said there are no leaks?!?

drive home, look outside 45 mins later, and yup, rear is sacked out... [email protected]

but why does it stay up when they are full pumped up?

Any ideas? Thx

Old 08-16-2018, 02:55 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! It sounds like it's more of an electrical/module issue if all the bags are fine.