Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Triangle Light Staying on

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Default Yellow Triangle Light Staying on

My wife has a yellow Triangle Light staying on in her 1998 E430, the light has an exclimation point in the middle. She also says that the warning says "VOD". I have not seen it first hand, but thought I would try a post to see if anyone knows what it is.. Thanks

Old 09-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Default RE: Yellow Triangle Light Staying on

VOD?
Where is this warning light located please?
What country are we talking. USA?
Stuart

Old 09-08-2006, 10:11 AM

The light is located in the center of the odometer I think, actually reads "VDO", and yes I am in the US

Old 09-09-2006, 12:58 AM

Kennynole, look into this: http://www.bba-reman.com/content.asp...rcedes_vdo_ecu

Old 09-09-2006, 02:59 AM

Hi,
All is suddenly clear!

VDO is a German manufacturer of instruments and auto electrical equipment (obviously they supply for your vehicle).
I suspect VDO appears near, not actually on the Yellow triangle.

Yellow Triangle in the odometer.
I think you refer to speedometer rather than odometer.
I believe this is the ASR warning light.
It should normally be OFF (except when you first turn on the ignition in order to check that the bulb is OK).
This light comes ON when the vehicle is reaching the limit of adhesion between the tyres and ground. i.e. Wheels about to spin due to too much power.

The ASR, ABS, ESP safety systems all have system Malfunctions lights as well (ASR etc icons).

Can't think why the triangle should be on and not the malfunction light.....unless of course you are just referring to when you turn the ignition on.

Stuart

Old 09-09-2006, 03:15 AM

Useful URL but what is the link to the yellow warning light please?

Old 09-09-2006, 11:40 AM

I must be part asleep!!
Presumably the Yellow Warning Triangle is ON because the ASR/ESP has been manually turned OFF.
You have a manual switch which I believe you must has used to turn the system off. The yellow warning is telling you that the system is OFF and you are therefore vulnerable to spinning etc. if you are too heavy footed.
OK.
Stuart

Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 AM

hi, that triangle light is the asr which is for the anti skid and there is an on/off switch or button marked asr. if you have pressed the button and the asr light flashs at you while your driving press the button again and if the triangle stops flashing your ok, if not you need a brake light switch which controls the asr and cruise control. check to see if the cruise control is working when your on a highway. the brake light switch is located on the top of the brake pedal behind the cover. drop the cover and you will see the top of the brake pedal and there is a switch there, replace it with a new one. goodluck paulie

Old 09-12-2006, 11:51 AM

Isn't that what I said?

Old 09-12-2006, 03:29 PM

I was getting ready to ask the same question of you, Snanceki (whether you were sleep or something....). If you hadn't posted a better response, I was sure getting ready to. No point now. Good deal.

Quick Reply: Yellow Triangle Light Staying on