Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is up with this forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Default WTF is up with this forum

why is it that every time i post a normal intellectual question on this forum, nobody seems to respond....are you guys just ignoring me, i have been asking for help on here for everything from radar detectors to shocks to wheels and even the rain sensor to no avail......yall suck.....i hope none of you ever need my help with anything

Old 12-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Default RE: WTF is up with this forum

Maybe your question, maybe your attitude, the order can be reversed. I dont think anyone owes you, find another forum there has to be at least 4 or 5. Most people post based on their experience do you have anything to add?

Old 12-29-2006, 10:36 PM

I understand your frustration but consider these:

1. There is no reply because nobody has the answer, simple as that

2. Not everybody work on their car unless you have a VW beetle and go to their forum and then you will see

3. Some of the "independent mechanic" didn't have the time to explain and show to the customer from A to Z what went wrong and what they did on the car, so the car owner never know how to fix, he/she only knows what was about and that's it.

4. the #3 above became worst if the car owner bring it to the dealership. He/she didn't even had a chance to talk to the mechanic, he/she was shielded by the counter person, reads the bill and pays...

5. so... a Bentley repair manual? and/or another forum...?

cheer...

Old 12-29-2006, 10:51 PM

I'll chime in here as one who has 4300 posts on the 300C forum. It may be that this forum is just not that active. I have found that to be the case with several of my questions with 0 replies, it may be that the answer is not known like what hind of differential fluid does the S430 take. Easy enough to call the dealer which I would do anyway to confirm forum information, it's nice to have input frommembers.

I was away from all forums for 4 days and there were about 10 new posts on the S class forum and over 2700 new posts during the same time on the 300C forums. I have taken the advice of the other responders and have found a new MB forum so this will likely be my last post here. GLuck.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM

You're ranting just because you didn't get an answer to your 3 posts? Have you even tried to do some research on your own? i.e. go online and search for other forums that contain information on your w210 regarding purchasing and installing of a radar detector. Bump your posts up once in awhile if you don't get any responses.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

the fiber optic trans-continental undersea cable for internet was broken during taiwan earthquake last week.

i can't even access yahoo to open my email. i just can't imagine my life without internet

sorry if i haven't see you question.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:26 PM

- you should be clear and concise as to what you're asking
- you should use the SEARCH feature and many of what you've posted has already been described previously
- you should always post the year, model of your vehicle and/or change your signature...so that readers can
understand the foundation of your need
- if you're typing and describing an ailment, include what it was doing, any mods you've made, and what the
problem is relative to the mod. speed, frequency, pattern of manifestation, etc are all important.
- some folks don't care, but personally, i prefer that the post isn't one which describes 12 problems.
separate them and post into the appropriate forums where the folks are likely to read...and who may have
experience with specially described problems appropriate for the forum (when possible)
- personal preference: lose the hip hop, gangsta speak. folks who are more likely to respond may not have
the time to look up every other word in some Urban Ghetto dictionary
- i will try to go back and review some of your posts to see if i can help with anything.
- when people respond, it wouldn't kill you to post a 'thank you' or acknowledgement.
- don't be such an ***, criticising folks who may want to help. your're taking this way too personally and it's
a turn off

Old 01-07-2007, 03:05 PM

I post up on different forums and I believe its due to traffic....The SRT forums getting a crap load of posts a day compared to this one but I enjoy reading around and see what I can find....I too posted up some info on a C230 that I was looking at and never got a response, no offense taken, now Im looking to get a E320 so I guess wish me luck guys!!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Basically if you dont like our forum you can leave. I for one like the small personal approach our forum has if all you want is a free online service manual then go somewhere else!!! WE ARE NOT JUST HERE TO BE YOUR FREE SERVICE TECHS. We are also here to just enjoy the company of our online friends!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM

Plusmost people here have jobs, famly, hobbies/activities,social life, relationships, ect.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with this forum