Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find a fuel injector?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Default Where can I find a fuel injector?

I have a 2002 E320 and I believe I have a faulty fuel injector that is leaking on my spark plugs in cylinder 1 which is causing a misfire.I usually have no problem finding parts but I cantseem find fuel injectors anywhere. How many injectors are in my car and where can I find them at online or in the Dallas,TX area? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Default RE: Where can I find a fuel injector?

Hi,

Please STOP & THINK for a minute. Changing parts unnecessarily is a very exopensive process especially when you discover that the new parts don't solve the problem!

There are 6 injectors on your motor which are accessed once you have removed the large plastic cover/air filter on top of the engine. they are attached to the fuel rail which must be removed first in order to remove an injector. each injector is connected to the engine wiring harness by a connector with two wires.

IF (I repeat) IF the No.1 injector is leaking then changing its position to Cyl No.2 or where ever will move the problem. Have you done this as I suggested. I suspect that once you have you will discover the problem DOES NOT move therefore I will have saved you a fortune.

Have you carried out a compression test yet + all the other things that i suggested.

If so what were your findings?

Stuart.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned
Default RE: Where can I find a fuel injector?

We keep telling you to do the same things,and for all the money you have spent without solving the problem you could have had a good indie shop fix it,and I hardly ever suggest that.You are not finding out the problem you are just throwing parts at it to find the solution.
if it happens to be the injector www.germanstar.net Or you are in a big city,they have injector service shops that will clean refurbish an injector .