Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the DIFFERENCE between the Avantgarde,Elegance and Classic version of the E-Class?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Default What is the DIFFERENCE between the Avantgarde,Elegance and Classic version of the E-Class?

Hey there...I was just wondering what are the distinct differences between the three versions of the E-Class...And I was wondering if I could make changes to a Classic or Elegance into an Avantgarde??? By the way, are there much price change between a Asian spec E-Class and an European one? PLEASE help provide answers to my questions...Thanks....

Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Default RE: What is the DIFFERENCE between the Avantgarde,Elegance and Classic version of the E-Class?

I would love to see European and Asian member here to step up and be visible on the forum.
As far as I know in US only one version of E-classe is available with 2 engines and that's all.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Si
Default RE: What is the DIFFERENCE between the Avantgarde,Elegance and Classic version of the E-Class?

From what i've seen over here (New Zealand) its the interior trim that changes.
In Classic is the normal cloth trim, Elegance adds a darker wood and more fabric options In Avantgarde we get a metalic trim.
Hope that helps.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 AM

Hi, I come from the Philippines. As far as I know,

Classic - No chrome trim on the exterior bumper, sidings. Basic interior cloth materials. No rear headrests. 15" steel wheels and hubcaps. I think this is used as a TAXI version in Europe.

Elegance - Wood interiors, More options on interior seat fabrics and leathers. Chrome trim on bumpers and sidings, has most options as standard such as rear window shade, sunroof, rear headrests, powerseats etc.... has 15" 10 hole or 8 hole alloy wheels.

Avantgarde - Adjustable suspension with 16" avantgarde 5 hole alloy wheels. Avantgarde radiator Grille. carbon fiber style door pillars, dark black wood style interior. Has all the options for a Mercedes.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:24 PM

Although I'm from Dubai, UAE but mine is imported from USA. It doesn't say anything on its trunk lid even. No avantgarde, classic or elegent. BTW, its E320, cream interior, leather seats, wood interior, both front seats and steering are motorized, sunroof and alot of other stuff. Yes, the only moniker on it EWING Autohaus on trunk lid, I don't know y?

Any suggestions or details will be appreciated!

And yes can u see there are not even side markers, this is the only one I saw like this.... am i right?