Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty issues - Confused

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Default Warranty issues - Confused

So, my wife and I purchased our '09 E350, from a dealer here in California, last week and the car looked immaculate (Only 15k miles on it). Now, we live about 1.5 hours away from this dealer, which I figured wasn't a big deal. I have owned Japanese cars in the past and every dealer honors the warranty equally. Typically, its a bumper-to-bumper coverage; up to a certain time frame.

So, a couple days ago I notice that the black, honeycomb looking, grill at the bottom of the front grill is sticking out on one side. Looks like a couple of the clips are missing or maybe broken?? Anyways, I asked the wife to call the local dealer and set up an appointment to get this fixed. The dealer near us said they would have to charge us for that repair. Or, we could get the dealer that sold us the car to agree to repay them for the work.

What is that all about? We are driving back to place we bought the car on Monday to get it fixed, and got them to commit to giving us a full tank of gas for our troubles; plus detail the car since they didn't have time to do it when we bought it.

Am I going to have this issue with every warranty call? I guess I am not clear what the warranty covers. On my Acura, they covered every little minor clip, emblem, cosmetic rail, etc... Just trying to understand this better for the future.

Thanks, (Sorry for the long winded write up)