Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Routine maintainence..

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Default Routine maintainence..

I have had this car for 10 months now and up until my recent problems the only thing I did to her was an oil change and new spark plugs, shame on me! It is warmer today so I had a chance to do some work on her. So, this is what I've done so far:

Cleaned the ICV
New OVP relay (story behind this one)
New distributor cap and rotor
New power steering filter
New spark plugs

There is a noticable difference at idle since I did these parts. Am still planning on replacing the plug wires and exhaust from the cat back. Also, install a new fuel filter. Needs to have the valve guide seals done too.
I was kind of surprised to find out that our fine vehicles were designed with a power steering filter. Nice touch. And when I finally got the wires of of the suppressor cover-distributer assembly, I saw how bad the contacts actually were. Yuck! Serious stalagtites and mites! Nasty carbon build-up.
Now when I got the OVP relay from the dealership I didn't notice they gave me a nine-pole instead of the seven that was on there. When I called to inquire, I was told that this was the updated replacement part. ?? What the heck is that extra fuse for and does it even impact my model?