Resetting maintenance service indicator - Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 02-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Resetting maintenance service indicator

Hello all, I am a newbie to this forum, I tried searching for any posting on RESETTING the maintenance service indicator, but came up empty. Maybe I don't know how to search. Anyway, I have a '05 E320, I know quite a bit on maintaining/servicing car. I would like to work on this myself. I was wondering if anyone know how to reset the service indicator. HELP!!! someone. Thanks in advance for your help.

DC
Old 02-10-2007, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Resetting maintenance service indicator

late model E320... only way I know to clear it is with code reader... though I would certainly listen to any ideas put forth by the Gurus here, I'm a relative newbie.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Default RE: Resetting maintenance service indicator

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dcqme

Hello all, I am a newbie to this forum, I tried searching for any posting on RESETTING the maintenance service indicator, but came up empty. Maybe I don't know how to search. Anyway, I have a '05 E320, I know quite a bit on maintaining/servicing car. I would like to work on this myself. I was wondering if anyone know how to reset the service indicator. HELP!!! someone. Thanks in advance for your help.

DC
You can go to http://www.mercedestechstore.com and download the pdf presentations under the W211 section (training files). Get the FSS+ and the W211 Service Sheet. Also, go to http://tech.bentleypublishers.com and select the MB section and look at the W211 area. There are many WIS procedures listed there that a previous member posted for myself and others -- you shoul find all you need to do all your scheduled maint.

Regards,
paul...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM

Default Mercedes E300 resetting Service A Display

Hey PaulV... thanks for the info... it worked for me in Canada like this.

1. put key into possition 1 and press the "R" (reset) button 3 times quickly. Voltage indicator is displayed.
2. use "up" and "down" arrows until you get "Service Data" display.
3. use "+" and "-" to scroll to "Confirmation". and select it using the selection button.
4. turn key to possition 2... the rest is straight forward.

Paul's suggested pdf file is of great help....
http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdf...2008-16-02.pdf

Thanks...