Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

precious 88 300ce won't start. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Default precious 88 300ce won't start. Please help.

Hi, this 300CE has been with me since 88. 2 months ago it started to run kind of rough. When I accelerated it wouldn't pull right away. It hesitated then started to move. Seemed like there was a clot in the fuel line preventing smooth acceleration. Then 1 month ago it refused to start all of sudden. I changed the fuel filter and the distributer cap and rotor. It started smoothly. But rough acceleration still persisted. So I replaced the spark plugs and wires. Then the car ran smoothly. But two days ago when I pulled it out of garage and switched to Drive gear and gave it a gas. It stalled. Then I tried to restart about 7 times before it would restart. I proceed to drive down the street. At the stop light, it stalled again as I tried to gas the car when the light turned green. I pulled the car to the side. I turned the key at least 25 times before it would restart again. Since then it has been in the garage. When I turned the key, the engine turned but just wouldn't start then I heard "plub plub" at the tail pipe. When I turned the key I was able to roll down windows, turn on radio and lights indicating the key fob was functioning. I suspect the fuel pump is at faul becuase I have changed pretty much all the ignition system and fuel filter. Any expert in forum please advice what could be the cause and what I should do next. Thank you very much. James Don't have a lot of money but do have time and passion.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:38 AM
Default RE: precious 88 300ce won't start. Please help.

Good description of symptoms. Hmmm... My guess is your fuel pumps (2 fuel pumps), you need to change both to be sure, because a weak fuel pump can deliver low fuel pressure which can have effect on performance... Good luck