Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please; Sunroof and Headliner problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Default Please; Sunroof and Headliner problem.

please can someone tell me, how can i remove the headliner on a 98 E320, i need to remove it because the sunroof seems to only going up or down. And will only open up about 3 inches and then stop. Can anybody help me with this problem, may be you guys have experienced this problem before. I'm just trying to save myself from going to the dealer. Thank you .

Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Please; Sunroof and Headliner problem.

jb98,

Jb98 I have a very long history with MB, and I'm telling you I would rather do internal engine repair than to work on the sunroof. It is truly a nightmare.
Honestly, I have a garage, tools, and machine shop equipment for my cars, and an aerospace engineering background,but if something went wrong with the sunroof, I would be on the phone with MB mobile repair or the dealer.

Sir, I'm serious; of all the the things on the car that are difficult to work on ,the sunroof is the worst. All the components aretucked inside of the body cavities where you can't see them or get to them. They are assembled in a trickysequencethat only works one way.You'll need six special tools, and double-jointed elbows.And if you put it together wrong, it wont work,will leak, ruin your interior,and you will have to start all over again. My advice is to have it repaired by MB and let them toil with it, meanwhile go fishing or play golf. Seriously.

Blue