Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THe New Guy needs some questions answered.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Default THe New Guy needs some questions answered.......

Well after a failed attempt at getting an SLK here in the Big Durian (Jakarta) I have decided that the way to go is with an E280 Avantgarde 7g-tronic and most of the options. The car is right now in HongKong and will be shipped down and given to me within the next month but I am curious about a few of the options on this car as described by the printout from the MB system regarding the specific car and options put on it at the factory.

1. Through Loading Feature - what is this?

2. Self-Level- Device with H. D. Springs and Shock ABS - this self level device is that the same as Airmatic Dual Control suspension (sport & comfort settings) or the Distronic? And if it is either one, what is it this device?

3. TV Screen in rear - is this mounted the same as a JAG in the headrest or is it mounted between the drivers and passenger's front seats?

4. What is a NOTRAD?

Thanks to all that reply and thanks for beng very patient with this new guy.

Jakarta Expat

Old 09-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Default RE: THe New Guy needs some questions answered.......

Hey Jakarta! Welcome to the forums! I read your post regarding the SLK. Sorry to hear that. I sensed your frustration. I'm one who can't stand bad customer service...especially in the area of Mecedes Benz. Anyway, no one here means to offend you. Sometimes it's hard to get your meaning accross in writing. Anyway...I just didn't want you to be discouraged with us here.

As for your question on the E280...I would suggest you pose your question in the "E" class forum. You'll get an answer much quicker (I see you posted this a week ago without a response.) and from folks who know the vehicle model. I drive an SLK230, so I would not be of much help.

Good Luck and Happy Driving!!

MY BAD!!! You're in the "E" class forum...foot in mouth...sorry.