Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a detailed diagram of 87 260e engine...sleepwalker if you can help me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Default need a detailed diagram of 87 260e engine...sleepwalker if you can help me.

i ask for you because someone on another forum told me to direct the post to you ... i just want to change the water temp sensor myself and see if that fixes my problem .. i just started working in boston again and with the traffic i cant stand to see my temps increase to max everytime ... and my aux fan never comes on, so i am gonna try to see if the sensor is it...also my ac has never worked, that could be related as well...thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/12470/939A4F9AF1C94685A76B2BB26ED09C9B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Default RE: need a detailed diagram of 87 260e engine...sleepwalker if you can help me.

You are trying to fix a problem by throwing parts at it. This is surely the most frustrating and the most expensive way to solve your problem.
If the engine overheat, replacing the water temp. sensor won't solve anything
you said: Auxiliary fan not working: Have you checked all fuses. They might look all good. Replace them all anyway if it has not been done in the last 4 years.
Is the auxiliary fan motor any good? How about a failed electric fan motor. This can be tested easily by disconnecting it and jumping it directly on the battery.
How's your radiator?
/quote]also my ac has never worked, that could be related as well[quote]. To the contrary. If your A/C were running, you'd have an even more serious case of overheating.
The A/C problem is totyally isolated from the causes of your overheating.
The water temp. sensor can also be tested very easily with a multimeter.
Other possible causes for overheating: Plugged radiator, collapsed coolant hoses, defective thermostat, defective water reservoir cap, air in the cooling system, engine ignition timing problem and many other
One thing that is frequently ignored while lookign for overheating solutions:
The space between the A/C condenser and the water radiator is one of the best trap for dead leaves, bugs, dirt, road debris and all kinds of other nasty things. This alone could reduce your cooling capacity by 50%

jackD
1989 260E