Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mercedes was murdered!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Default My Mercedes was murdered!

I gotta tell you - it just isn't fair. Last week I had to travel and as is our normal routine my girlfriend gave me a ride to the airport and parked my car at her house, in the driveway of a quiet residential street.

On Tuesday a 17 yr old was driving way too fast on this 25mph street and he came right into the driveway and launched his family's Ford Explorer off the rear end of my '99 E320. I haven't been this stressed and upset in a long time, not because I am one of the typical California "I love my car" crowd, but because I have had this car since the odometer read 0.6 Miles and have taken good care of it. Of course the insurance company wants me to think this car is a dime a dozen and just write me a check for kelly blue book, but I want my car, not somebody elses. It is apparently just about impossible to find Obsidean Black paint anymore and I did love that. Nobody bought Xenon and I have trouble with night vision so I want that too.

The newer body style is nice, but I am a fan of the less raked front end that went away in 2003.

Sigh, sorry to waste your time, but I needed to vent a bit with people who will understand how I feel.

To Ohlord, does that shift-point reset routine work on all newer models of E series also? If I go test drive something I want to reset it first. Hopefully most dealers would be wise enough to do this but ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/31177/E206CD9CC1EF48C9A53CFDF975405EF6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned
Default RE: My Mercedes was murdered!

Wow,
sorry for the mishap,look for an 01 with low miles.Where are you located.He had insurance correct?
when they make the offer just provide them with 5 of the highest priced dealer listing same year pricing cars and stand by it.Do not talk or give a statment to any of his insurance people.You will come out okay if you stand by your guns.If you have the room part it out,just buy it back from them for 400 bucks and sell off everything you can.wheels ,tires i,nteriour wood pse module trans modules pull in a pretty good penny.even engines people need if yours was low miles.
Good luck.
and yes the tcu reset works cept I would not get a w211 if they paid me.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Thanks!

Yep, I have the room, it's just the time that makes me wonder about parting it out. LOL, I had a full tank of gas, maybe I should just sell that!!

I got an even lower offer from my own ins comp. Makes me wonder how much work they actually do as they didn't have half of the options in their "value." I am totally a black car guy and the standard MBZ black shows swirls so I am a huge fan of the metallic "197" paint.

I also have a very unique *no expiration date* coupon book that is discount after discount at my original purchase dealer so they are going to have to but that from me.

Of course they are throwing the "rental expires" threat at me but I don't care as I have a backup vehicle. Of couorse when all is said and done the owner of the Explorer is responsible so I will take him to court for the difference - or perhaps he'll pay up. He lives just up the street from herhouse and is utterly embarassed at what his son did to my car.

I may end up with a W211 just due to circumstances. I know your thoughts about that from numerous posts, but if I recall, MBZ just got (06 or 07) the largest single year points gain in history with this chassis package. I'll try to stay clear of the 04/05 package, and if I end up in an 06 I'll make sure to extend the warranty.

Thoughts on the E55 in the W210 package? I have seen a couple and other than the mileage I am very tempted.

Thanks as always for your valued insights. (sent you an email also)

Cheers,
Ron

Old 06-06-2008, 01:32 PM

hi sorry to see the mess of your car if you lived in the uk the insurance cumpany would want to fix it or give you peanuts for it. hope you get it sorted with the insurance company.