Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitant on acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Default Hesitant on acceleration.

01 E430. I jumped on her just a bit to pass a truck the other day, very different from my normal driving style. Immediately following this occurance the car was very slow to gain speed as if the throttle was choked off. It remained like this until I reached my destination, very alarming as you could not pull out into traffic without a huge birth. After the car sat for several hours and was re-started, all was well.

This has not occurred before when I've made passing maneuvers or was aggressive with the throttle.

Ideas of what I should look for?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned
Default RE: Hesitant on acceleration.

How long have you owned it?read the obd2 codes to see if any are stored,try to repeat the scenerio, did it go into limp home mode?A few things to check out,but first find an open road,away from the crowd and smokey and try to repeat,write down every thing you detect.Has it stalled out?Post the results.
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"

Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 PM

I have dealt with this problem befor.

Spark plugs and/or fuel filter. Both relatively inexpensive.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Thank you for the tip. I've only owned it for about a month. My baby is my 85 500SL Euro, purchased this one for the wife because she wanted it. This is the only thing it's done that is even remotely suspicious. We purchased it from a friend so I can ask if it's ever done this before.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:38 PM
NAZ

sounds more like MAFF SENSOR PLAYIN UP..............................

Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

What on earth would make you think it was the MAF? No codes,no CEL,and the car ran fine after sitting for awhile,MBTECH? if so tell us which dealer so we can stay clear.CPS more likely,just from the symptoms.
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"

Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM
NAZ

liesten mate i deal with sort of problem evry day with out a code air mass have failleda million times,and the dealer is MB LEICESTER WHICH IS IN UK THIS IS TO SOME OHLORD I HAVE CODES.......................

Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 AM

I have a 2002 E320 that I bought usedw/71K miles 3 months agoand Ive been having the same problem of lately.It jerks a lil or a putting feeling when stopped at stoplights/signs and when taking off.Its been ideling weird unlike a Mercedes is supposed to(Drove2001 S430 & S500 of my parents).Im slowly but surely fixing the problem.I replaced my ignition coils(all 6) after finding out 1 of them went out and that helped the bad idel some.I replaced my fuel filter yesterday and that helped alot but hasnt fixed the problem completly, my check engine light is still on.Im getting all of this work done by a trusted mechanic of my family.The OBD code reads misfire in cylinder 1.My mechanic says after replacing the spark plugs time after time that the plugs in cylinder are coming out wet so he thinks its my fuel injector.I put a can of BG44k fuel system cleaner in before replacing the fuel filter and that instantly helped the acceleration.Reading similar posts, the mass air flow sensor may be my problem so I will probably buy 1 if my problem doesnt get any better in a week.Please reply when U figure out or fix your problem and likewise I will do the same now that Im registered on here