Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello - new member

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Default Hello - new member

This is my first post and new to the site. Ihave stumbled on a '02 E320 with 3k miles. It was my grandma's, and she only drove it to get groceries etc. It hadn't been started in 6 months, most of the oil had ran into the oil pan, it had a little piston slamp when I started it, and didn't want to idle well. Had flat spots in the tires, really vibrated at any speed over 60mph.

I have put a little over 300 miles on it, I have put a half tank of premium gasonline with a little fuel system cleaner (marvel mystery oil), it idles and runs perfect and since I rotated and balanced the tires and driven on them the vibration at higher speeds is gone, I assume the flat spots are worked outof the tires. The check engine light came on right before I filled it up the first time, then went off shortly after.

She lives near the coast, and didn't wash the car periodically. The paint and interiorare in great shape, just all the chrome has pitted with corrosion, the grille, door handles, trim and emblems. I would like to replace these if possible. Are there any good websites to purchase this from? I wouldn't mind putting a custom grille on the front and going with color match door handles and trim without the chrome.

There is a "service b" that comes on when I first get it, saying that it is 123 days past service, I assume that is on the oil. I will end up doing my own oil changes and maintenance. Is there OBD cable I can buy that will hook up to my laptop so I can clear the service light or is this only dealer?

Any info. on the car would be appreciated, things to look out for or good engine mods. etc, good leather conditioner.