Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Default Headlight Upgrade

Hi.

I have been lurking in the forum for about two months now (after getting an '01 E320). I have searched and researched but am unable to get what i consider complete information regarding my options on upgrading the "stocK' lights in this car.

From my research I see five options:
1- Mb xeon lights
2- Aftermarket projectors - (I have read a number of times that the aftermarket projectors are garbage)
3- MB bi-xenon lights
4- Cutom fitting of a hella or bosch projector unit in an aftermarket housing - Best option ?
5- Silver Star bulbs - (not the look i'm going for)

Could someone be so kind as to comment on the cost, advantages\disadvantages of each of these. And if there are other options that i have not listed.

I am doing this for two reasons - A the "look" and B the "lighting". I already run the Silvania Silverstars in my Suburban, it was a nice change but not a big change. The look of projectors on a MB is really a big part of the reason I would spend time and money on this mod.

Thanks for your help

John Meara

2001 MB E-320
Just repainted entire car
2003 style chromed wheels
hidden radar detector (i'm in VA)
Flat hood emblem

To do list:
Nav "command" & TV's
stereo
headlights

Old 05-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Default RE: Headlight Upgrade

First of all, there are no bi xenons available for W210 E-classes that I know of. Only xenons. Secondly, the aftermarket projectors are not to be compared to the original MB xenons. I know MBenzNL purchased a couple of those aftermarket sets, but was very unpleased about the quality!

If you want to get yourself a new set of xenons for your W210, contact Steve@MBenzNL.com. He has a couple of sets left in stock for a decent price. Not too hard to install yourself - although you need to remove the front bumper of course -, no need to get your car reprogrammed through Star. Oh, and W210 comand units are in stock as well.

greetingz,

BigSis