Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glow plug question.. Engine wont start. Possibly Anti-Theft Immobilizer???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Angry Glow plug question.. Engine wont start. Possibly Anti-Theft Immobilizer???

We did a glow plug change and little else. Now the 2005 E320 CDI won't start. We checked all fuses and in the mean time fuse 008 (Antennna, Anti-theft module) got removed and not replaced. I noticed the radio didn't get reception and the keyless didn't work so I hunted and found and replaced the missing fuse. Everything works again but the engine still won't start. We have fuel to the injectors.

Now the glow-plugs, I get 5-6 volts with the key in the on position and 7-8 during starting WITH THE PLUG WIRE DETACHED OR PLUG REMOVED WIRE CONNECTED AND NOT GROUNDED. When the plug is in and wire connected or plug removed wire connected and grounded to the engine, the volts go to zero.

Is this the anti-theft immobilizer?

How do I lose all voltage as soon as the plug is grounded?

Using the key to unlock and lock the doors is supposed to de-activate the immobilizer or putting the key into the switch does the same. I have tried both with both keys and the car still wont start.

The car ran fine with the supposedly fouled plug but immediatly after the change it wouldn't start?

Please help me if you can, any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I am miles and miles from a Mercedes Service center.