Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injector and spark plug inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Default fuel injector and spark plug inquiry

this is going to sound like a crazy question but if anybody knows this stuff that would be awesome.

first, the fuel injectors in the 03 e500. i'm interested in the specifications of these stock units. more specifically, i'm interested in the droplet size in microns that the fuel is atomized at. i know, really arcane. but if anyone knows this, like 1200 microns or 200 microns average etc, that would be the most wonderful thing.

second, if we don't know this, anybody who knows where i can acquire this information would be a close second.

lastly, the stock spark plugs are rated at what level spark? 40kv? yes, very technical and arcane questions, sorry. but the spark plug intensity would be good to know. also, there is a dual spark if i remember correctly. is this a spark for the power stroke and then a waste spark for exhaust? and does anybody know if any of those ignitors like an MSD really help to generate a stronger spark? i'm interested in getting my spark up to about 70-100kv

any direction would be greatly appreciated. and thanks.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Banned
Default RE: fuel injector and spark plug inquiry

E500 already is a ulev engine ,you do not want to mess with its already fragile electronics.The ecu would not adapt,no one would flash a chip to make it adapt.You would likely just throw a ton of obd2 codes and gain nothing in return.
ohlord

Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 AM

Suckapunks.

A question for you first.

Why do you want to know?
Why do you think 70kv would be a good idea?

Two spark plugs are used to ignite the mixture at different points thus ensuring a better and more efficient combustion (flame propagation) which in turn benefits (lowers) exhaust emissions.
Flame propagation becomes a problem as the mixture gets increasingly close to stoichiometric and particularly as the combustion chamber shape is compromised to provide appropriate swish characteristics to encourage exhaust extraction.

Stuart

Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 AM

now this is going to sound really crazy to you. for a little while now i have been working on a project to convert internal combustion engines to run on water. part of it involves converting h20 into it's respective atomic elements h-h-o and ionizing it to create plasma which includes deuterium. in order to ignite this you need a higher powered spark. additionally, when you inject a fine water mist of a couple hundred microns and apply a spark of around 70kv, the arc of the spark electrically charges the water and instantly cause thermal explosive energy which expands with greater force than gasoline. while the deuterium burns, the mist does not. it simply expands. while converting a carbed chevy 350 isn't that tough, the injectors and modern ignition systems are foreign to me as i would like to convert my benz to run completely on water as fuel. emissions aren't the issue as that would be oxygen and water exhaust, but if the hardward apparatus isn't going to meet specs then it's over already. if they can meet certain standards it may be feasible.

and yes, it is possible to do this. the technology and know how has been around for 100 years and in the last 25 years several cars have been converted. however, big oil has actively played a role in preventing this from going public and by engineering cars and fuels to make this a more difficult conversion. if i can't do this with my benz, i'll just have to stick with a simpler drivetrain that will permit it and ditch the benz.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 AM

What about the Tritium?
Stuart

Old 05-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Go back to school and take a chemistry classyou have bitten onto one of the biggest snake oil scams in recent years.Deuterium with a mass number of two comprises less then 150 ppm(parts per million)of sea water.Why do you think it took all the military might of the united states in world war two to build the billion dollar structures to isolate even the small amount needed to create the atomic bomb?You hook up a car to a big tank holding a million gallons of sea water and tow it behind your car while trying to create 150 gallons of fuel.I wish you luck.
ohlord

Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 PM

This is in reply to a few curious and respectful inquiries to my personal email. For those who wish to throw stones, I can't stop you but would hope you would reconsider before letting loose the hounds of hell. This is lengthy so I apologize but would rather get through this as much as I can in one shot. I'm simply looking for some specs on some MB parts, not to get into debates about this subject. But someone asked, so I was being forthcoming on it.

I caveat all this by saying I can’t make any of you believe nor do I have a vested interest in accomplishing this end. That’s up to each individual. This topic is not much different than when the people first heard the world was flat. The world wouldn’t accept it due to what they thought they knew and believed was true. In the face of evidence and scientific fact they ardently held to their positions. So bear with it, and keep in mind it will take lots of research and willingness to accept things about the world that may contradict your current understandings. Sometimes in order to learn we have to forget what we know, or in this case what we think we know. To start, I will say there is substantial reading you will need to accomplish. Personal due diligence is key. Otherwise all I say is unsubstantiated blather on a BBS and on any one detail you aren’t content with will prejudice an individual to throw it all away as falsehood. I will reference some patents that have been filed with the US patent office as well as the World Intellectual Property Organization. These numbers are items you can look up on www.freepatentsonline.com and other sites if you persist. If you do not have a background in chemistry or physics much of it can be confusion to nonsense anyway. Just keep in mind, many times the things we hear from the corporatesand institutions are not representative of all truth. This isn’t because they are evil and looking to hold people down, but it is from the conflict in maintaining their status quo and making a dollar. It’s not about going green here. Hydrogen cars are on the queue. But the hydrogen cars they are making are designed to have us dependent on buying their fuel. If you could distribute devices that provided energy for free, like water from a tap or harnessing energy from the magnetic field of the earth, how would that impact the oil industry? The utilities? Running an engine on water was first accomplished late in the 1800s. But there is substantial history also that needs to be covered which is not practical in this medium. If you cannot accept the fact that there are people willing to hide the truth and propagation of things you would benefit from at their expense, then you will never see it. Having said this, let me try and give you a few details that will aide your search. Water is the most abundant substance on the surface of the planet. It contains hydrogen and carbon. Running a motor on hydrogen should not surprise you. What is gasoline or diesel? They are hydro carbon based fuels. If you were not aware, the key component that actually combusts in an engine is what? The hydrogen piece of the hydrocarbons. So burning hydrogen from any source should not be too far of a stretch for you. There are many who rant amongst the knowledgeable who are simply zealots. They want to belong to something, to differentiate themselves, to matter. Yet they know little and can be prone to making extraordinary statements that contribute to the trash and disinformation out there. Take the time to suffer it to be so and wade through it. Education comes slowly in life. Consider this a subset of the same process. In the circles who pursue this craft there are names that are referenced of people successful in their efforts. These include Stanley Meyers, Henry Puharich, Stephen Horvath and Herman Anderson among others. These are the most famous, so if I refer to them, these are the folks I mean. Again, I am speaking after reading hundreds of pages of patents and material. If my dialog assumes certain information and isn’t clear to you or other readers, I apologize. That’s again why I say, you need to do some reading yourself. Stanley Meyers in these circles often times seems to be credited with the whole water car movement and the incorporation of electronic pulsation in water to facilitate higher efficiency electrolytic production. There are two comments I want to make about this. First, Stan did not invent this technology. It had been circulating around in specific form for at least 15-20 years prior to his 15 minutes of fame in the mid to late 90s. A news spot back in the 70s with Jack Nicholson driving a Chevy powered on water was on television and a clip may even be had on YouTube. Second, he did not use electronic stimulation in the form of a pulse generator alone to accomplish his results. For those who read his patents and technical writings, particularly the Water Fuel Cell (WFC) he states explicitly he also incorporates the use of UV energy or electromagnetic energy to increase output and charge the ions to a greater potential which produces a more potent gas fuel than simple hydrogen and oxygen combustion alone. Stan actually had over 20 patents to his name and many related to his water fuel systems. You can find these online as well. Just to site a few gems for everybody’s benefit, Stan’s plan for the WFC was actually derived from a patent by a man named Henry Puharich which I think many have heard of in these forums. Puharich filed for his patent 4,394,230 in 1981. In his plans he speaks of a circuit that controls a pulse frequency generator and has included many other calculations for efficiency and conversions and so forth. He speaks at length about some properties of water here. His plan also called for the use of AC power which was not a first and apparently has it’s virtues over DC. He also went into detail about some of the properties of water including the resonant frequencies that excite water having a base frequency of about 600Hz as well as additional harmonics that excite water at 7960, 15920, 31840 and 63690Hz. If any of you know music then the concept of harmonics is already familiar. Puharich began developing this understanding while developing devices to help deaf people hear and for blood storage. His basic circuits were demonstrated in patents 3,726,762 and 3,563,246 both filed in 1967. He also was kind enough to provide the detail behind the circuits down to the loads and resistance for each component. He pays homage to other patents in his 1981 [4,394,230] work which is good scientific etiquette. He refers to a researcher named Stephen Horvath who developed two key patents [/i]on the subject: 3,980,053 and 4,107,008 which were granted in 1976 and 1978 respectively. These are core material for anyone interested in working this type of project. Horvath introduced another twist in the electrolysis of water, radiology, or adding short wave electromagnetic radiation to the system to further excite the water in addition to the electrical pulse stimulation. The circuits will look very familiar to those who have been experimenting with the Meyers circuit. Electromagnetism helps facilitate gas production by helping to polarize and physically tear apart water molecules and drive ions directionally to their respective poles and help them collide with other molecules in the water bath and free more electrons, and prevent electrons from

Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Banned

You still would have to use more power to create the reaction you are talking about than the power attained by the process.Water powered cars in the 1800's?sure a steam engine,not the seperation of water into its basic elements.
Keep us posted.
ohlord

Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 PM

ohlord. i'll leave you to your ignorance. you may have knowledge in other areas which i can respect, but it's obvious you know nothing of the underlying material here. your claims are quite simple, false and i will not attempt to educate any further than what is already posted. good luck to you.

if anyone can furnish the specs of interest on the injectors and spark mechnism in the MB product line mentioned at the start of this post i'll be most grateful.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:18 PM

1805, isaac de rivas

factoid here.

http://www.isaacderivaz.org/

Quick Reply: fuel injector and spark plug inquiry