Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Default Electrical problem

My 1997 E320 Is draining the battery i beleive when parked. I do not have any low charge lights on when driving. When i jump it it starts fine and runs fine. I think that rules out the Crank position Sensor that some people suggested. The one thing i am thinking is the drivers power seat switch. The seat is working intermittantly recently, while the passenger is working fine. I noticed on day the back/forth drivers seat switch in the door would only power one way in either position. Am i on the right path. How can i make sure? What is needed to pull the door panel? I am going to disconnect the positive battery terminal and check for a draw. Any suggestions
I JUST PULLED EVERYFUSE IN THE CAR ONE AT A TIME AND THE SHORT DID NOT GO AWAY. IT IS PULLING 10.24 VOLTS BETWEEN THE POSITIVE TERMINAL OF THE BATT AND THE END OF THE POSITIVE CABLE. WHERE NOW.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:47 PM

well first thing to do is start your test over with the neg cable and post if you do the pos and leave the ground on the draw wont go away this has to be done between the neg cable and post then go through your fuses go to the ones that have power when the key is off this is easy to find with another test light just put the clamp to a ground and put the point of the test light to the little metal pronge on the back of the fuse then remove them one at a time start with the non engine mangement systems first