Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E3ooD Intermittent starting/running problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Default E3ooD Intermittent starting/running problems

Hi there, First of all, Although I,ve been driving Mercs (all diesel) for the last 15 years, this is the first time that I have found a need to contact your good selves! I've watched with much interest the saga between "Sleepwalker" & "Thegirlilove" RE intermittent starting problems, and guess what?....My W210 E300D is displaying very similar problems. Did you guys ever get to a conclusion?! I live in Scotland UK and Mercedes repair shops over here are very, very expensive. I am a trained Diesel mechanic (over 25 years in the game)but all this "black box" technology is way over my head. Can anybody tell me if it's possible to bypass the immobiliser and save all the grief? The car is of an age (1995) where it is very unlikely to get stolen (it's not quite the preferred choice of joy riders over here!!!) anyway, I hope to hear from some of you guys soon and perhaps my own experiences/skills may be of some value to you'se in the future. .....Great forum!

Old 10-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: E3ooD Intermittent starting/running problems

of course you can bypass the immobilizer on diesel engine.

i have poor experience on diesels, but i believe it a purely mechanical functions (injection pump, fuel injectors).

Old 10-24-2004, 04:54 AM

I suggest you to get a Factory Mercedes Manual.

It has all service and maintenance instructions, step by step.

A great help, hope this will help you.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Old 10-27-2004, 03:14 AM

If you're experiencing hard starting on a E300Diesel you need to replace the fuel lines at the injection pump and replace the prefilter, not an easy or cheap proposition. The o-rings on these items have gotten hard and are leaking air into the fuel system causing it to loose prime resulting in the hard/no start. Side note, there are updated parts for those formed fuel lines with less of a tendency to have this problem.