Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E350 Front License Plate Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Default E350 Front License Plate Mount

I just picked up a 2007 E350 4Matic. I like the car but the front license plate mount bugs me.

I was told by the dealer that it is the correct one for this car. The mount conforms to the bumperV shape but the front of the mount where the plate itself mounts is also V shaped like the bumper.

I had to bend the front plate and frame to get it to mount correctly to the plastic mount.

Is this normal? Are there any alternate mounts that I could use or other fixes so that the plate will remain flat when mounted?

Thanks!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Default RE: E350 Front License Plate Mount

I just purchased a E320 Blutec. The salesman said that there wasn't a good way to mount the front license plate with the plastic mount that came with the car so most people just left it off. None of there loaner cars has a front plate. I have been watching around the northern Nevada area and none of the Mercedes of the last few years has had a front plate. So hopefully I won't get a ticket and then have to figure out how to mount it without restricting the airflow to the radiator, etc. It sure looks good without the plate.
Jim

Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 AM

************************************************** ********************************

My 2007 E350 front plate is in the trunk and the plastic mount is in the garage.

George60
california

Old 07-01-2007, 07:23 AM

I would look at the lot to see if other cars have the same problem, The mount usually comes with the car in a bag and the dealer either installs or not. Is this a new car dealer?

Old 07-01-2007, 09:07 AM

None of the other new cars in the lot have the front plate mount installed. I was told that they only installed the mount at the customer's request.

This state (Illinois) requires a front plate. I have been told by others that if you park in some suburbs, the City of Chicago, or at the airport, the local police will ticket your car.

FYI -- I have read various places that states that are starting to use speed cameras and red light cameras are going to start enforcing front plate laws. They need to see the plate when they take your picture so they know where to send the ticket. No idea if this is true or not...

Old 02-24-2008, 10:36 PM

I live in upstate NY and I have been pulled over many time for no front licens eplate on my C280 and E320. They always gave me warning and said its a $250 fine but i just laugh and say ok officer ill put it on today and I still havnt put it on.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM

I wouldnt put it on your front plate, it looks much better without, and frankly police officers aren't really looking for non front license plate cars. As a last little note, photo radar can't get you (when the pic is taken from the front of your car) without a plate!

Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 AM

Can someone tell me where I can get a 'filler' for my front bumper to cover the space left by removing the license plate bracket?
Car: 1981 380SL

Thank you,
Doug

Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 AM

When I moved to VA I had to get the front plate mounting bracked installed. The dealer put it on at no charge. Either he screwed up or I got really lucky. Anyway, it doesn't look at good with a front plate on it, but the fees for not having it on outweigh the "benefit" of good looks in my opinion. Good luck! [&:]

Old 03-29-2008, 09:39 AM

I just got Antique plates for my car. In the instructions it says if your car does not have a front license plate bracket, you do not have to display the front plate. So I'm looking to find the filler strip so I can legally not display a front license plate. This is only valid for antique plates. Doug

Quick Reply: E350 Front License Plate Mount