Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E 220 Emergency Mode problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Default E 220 Emergency Mode problem

The topic of Emergency Mode has been up in the past, several otehr s have the samer problem, but being unresolved I am posting a new message - what Ifound outand that the problempersists: </P>

Enginecannot exceed 3000 revs: Itis an "Emergency Mode" , this is a facility the factory apparently made to save the engine from strain if there is something wrong. When there is an "undefined" problem with the car, could be anything I am told, then the computer goes into emergency mode, meaning the enginespeed is limited to 3000 revs and the power is reduced. When it happens, stop the car, turn off the ignition and start again, it resets the computer and the carshould runas normal (for a while). It is like rebooting your computer.</P>

I found that in emergency mode, the engine is very sensitive to the accellerator. If you give very little throttle, it runs best, up to 140 km/h. But of course, it is not a satisfactory situation. </P>

Itoo have been to diagnostics, but no problem was found, becauseit was not in "emergency mode" when I went to the garage. I even have a receipt stating there is nothing wrong with my Mercedes. But there is ..... does anyone else have any answer to this, other than changing the car....??
</P>

Regards, </P>

Erik of http://www.Mercedes-Benz-Owners.com </P>