Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD unlock on COMAND APS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Default RE: DVD unlock on COMAND APS

They are both probably Steve (or Steve and his lady Wanda) from www.mbenznl.com trying to drum up some business.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:30 AM
paQ

then I have to disapoint you both [>:]

I don't even know what mbenznl.com is, besides I can see on their website selling repaired COMANDs and such.
second, I know what the price is at mbenznl now, and I still think it's overpriced for such a simple thing to do, specially when a dealer can do it as well, allthough they claim not to...

sorry you are feeling that way though

edit:
frankly, I don't even care what a stardiagnose system cost.
It is used to make servicing easier for dealers etc., not to earn money on via customers.
Just for that reason it's crazy to charge 150 EUR (which is almost $ 200) for a 3 minute job.

fourth, I'm wondering what the regulations really are in The Netherlands if viewing motion video is prohibited, because there are dozens of DVD player types, with in-dash or top-dash displays... and they all play.

The only thing I have beacause it is not viewing motion video, is a small tax-advantage, because it would be safer this way.
Same goes for programing my navigation system whilst driving.
BUT!
sending GSM text messages via COMAND whilst driving isn't a problem!
And THAT'S dangerous!

Old 01-03-2005, 12:14 PM

hi, i just got my first merc, a 2004 e320. brilliant car!
i'm not sure whose right on the comand discussion, but i do know that MB europe releases 2 updates for comand each year, which will be done during services. MB (in southampton, at least) takes a dim view to us altering "their" systems, and the engineer was quite rude about it. i do have a friend who works for smart but used to be at mb pentagon. she is trying to find out if they will overide these modifications. i will post the results when i have them.

on a side note, does anyone know if a tv tuner can be fitted to a system which only plays dvd's? i was going to fit a cheap tuner into one of the 2 inputs, but i dont have input 1/2 on the menu. (the demo car did, i just assumed mine would too)
cheers, andy

Old 01-04-2005, 06:57 AM

Andy,

I assume you have a Euro spec head unit. Whether or not it is capable of getting a TV tuner connected, depends on the number of connectors at the back of your comand head unit...

greetingz,

BigSis

Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
jsl

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=...TF-8&rd=r1

Try this link for unlock codes - your risk as they say