Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: cd changer

ORIGINAL: raymond~

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

that can be near beacon hill reservoir.

email me before you swing by. i'll pull out the barbeque!
i want that bbq.

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 03-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

you may need to change the adaptation on d2b to recognize the new component.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:09 AM

Dear Raymond and Sleepwalker, your help is greatly appreciated. Yes, that radio looks right though there is a CD button so labeled on mine.
I think I have it now, via digrams and instructions for exactly this installation in the manual on alldatadiy.com. The telephone and CD changer can both be on one loop or ring of fiber optic cable. A "Jumper" (right word after all!) is connected at the splice in the pre-laid D2B, such that the optical loop goes from the head, to the jumper, to the CD changer, to the telephone PSE module, to the splice and back to the head.
So, I can either do as you suggest, just disconnect the cell-phone (we don't have good service here in the heart of the Adirondacks anyway) and hook up the CD changer in its place, or get the necessary short jumper of D2B cable (which comes in a kit for installing the telephone, Part # Q 6 82 0392) and hook up both.
For now, until they destroy the mountain scenery with more towers, I may as well just get a Changer and make the switch. I have not bought a changer yet, wanting to be sure I could install it. Guess I can, and so will go ahead, with caution buying on ebay. Merci again.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:17 PM

Dear Raymond,
I have got a CD changer, the original model for the car (MC3198 I think?) and done as you suggested, almost. I didn't disconnect the battery lead, as the manual suggests; and I had a slip where the changer which I had just hooked up with the D2B cable from the telephone slid off the back of the car and dangled momentarily from the cable. (However, the cable appears fine and when hooked back up to the phone got me the No Service message.) The little 3/8" power supply connector had become corroded, though, and two of the three wires had been eaten clean through. I took it apart and cleaned it out and stuck the three wires, cleanly cut, back into it, thinking the prongs in the socket on the changer might work in between the copper strands and mke good contact, and tried the rig. But here's the sad part. I didn't get a CODE message. (Of course the big connector to the amplifier had been disconnected and reconnected in doing the above.) I get a blank screen on the radio, no light in the on/off button, nothing. No fuse blown. What can I have done? Sadly, Mason

Old 03-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

its a busted fuse.

check the fuses under the rear seat beside the battery.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:47 AM

sleepwalker, I dearly wish it were a busted fuse, but the fuses for the radio and sound system in both fuseboxes are intact. Does the radio or sound system have some other protection, I wonder? And does it make any sense to you that at the same time as the radio went dead, two light bulbs, one of the tailllamps and the signal lamp in the right rear, that ground to the same ground (W7/1) as the radio amplifier there, have gone out at the same time? Mason

Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Default MC 3010 Troubleshoting

Raymond,

Is there a test for my MC3010 that can identify why it isn't working. It will load a CD but I don't hear it spin up to play. The controller say no CD but I can hear it load.

Thanks, David